Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Last week of summer - random pics.

Bradley is constantly doing something that surprises me. I was sitting at the computer when I heard, "Mom look." This is what I saw - he is such a cutie!
Carter & Parker have been asking for quite some time now when I was going to take them on their night out. Since we were behind schedule and Byron was out of town, I decided to let them both go with me somewhere. After they talked it over for a long time, they both decided up on going to Panda Express to eat and then heading over to Chuck-E-Cheese. The boys absolutely LOVE Panda Express. Anytime I give them the choice to pick they always want to eat there. They love the orange chicken and noodles.


Then we headed to Chuck-E-Cheeses. Luckily I had a coupon to buy the tokens. They were so excited that they would run from one game to another. I was so glad it wasn't crowded. We were able to use all of our tokens in about one hour.
Parker (in gray) and Carter (in blue) on the roller coaster. They were definitely in their own element.
Look at all of their loot.
We had a great time. I am so glad that my children look forward to going out with Byron or I. They have no problem letting us know when it is their month and bugging us until we go.
Since we just recently bought a Thanksgiving Point pass, we headed to the Farm Country for our Monday night activity. We hadn't been there for about 2 years and they did have some fun changes.
Carter & Parker milking the cow.
This baby horse was so darling. Bradley wasn't so sure about it, though.
There is a new area that we had never seen before about the cycle of crops. The kids could pick the crops, put them on a conveyor belt, and then take them to the market. They had a blast going from one area to the other.

My cute Johnathan.Bradley loved this saddle and thought it was his since it was just his size. He wasn't very happy that his older brothers wanted a turn also.
All of the kids wanted to ride the ponies. Bradley wouldn't have it, though and ended up going on a carriage ride.
I think Camille felt a little silly, but had a fun time.
Tanner
Carter


Parker
I am not sure what it is with Bradley, but he won't go on anything without somebody next to him. So he didn't want anything to do with the pony ride since he would be riding it by himself. So I decided that him and I would ride the carriage alone. He still wasn't very happy since he wasn't sitting on my lap - silly boy! He did like it once we started going and he could see the animals as we passed by them.

Tanner and Carter petting the horse.
We always spend about $1 on quarters to get corn to feed the animals. After the money and corn are gone, the kids spend so much time gathering all of the corn that has fallen on the ground by the dispensers. I can't believe how much they always seem to find. Their favorite animals to feed the corn to are the goats. They especially like finding the smallest one and trying to fight off all of the larger goats to make sure this one gets fed. This particular time there was the cutest baby goat. He wouldn't eat any of the corn the kids kept throwing to him - I think he was still only drinking his mother's milk. We spent about one hour at the goats finding corn, feeding them and then looking at this new baby goat - Camille was so ga ga over this little goat she made me laugh. She got so excited every time she saw it move.
We had a great time together and missed not having Byron to share the day with. He was in Asia for a quick trip, so we had to be creative where we went while he was gone. We were sure glad to have him back - just in time for school to start.

1 comment:

Patty said...

That is so special that you go on dates with your children. It looked like Carter and Parker loved it.
I love orange chicken and noodles but not at Panda Express. They put a spice in it that I do not like.
That is cool that your children loved feeding the goats. i don't think that was ever an option when you children were young.
When I think of petting goats I always think of my Mom telling me how she hated a Billy Goat that they had. She hated to feed it because he liked to attack her.