Monday, September 21, 2009

Lagoon

Nu Skin is such an awesome company to work for. The past 4 or so years, they have had their Summer Company Party at Lagoon. My children look forward to this day with such excitement. We went on September 11th. Melissa met us there and we enjoyed a fun filled evening. Camille, Tanner, Johnathan & Melissa practically went on the bigger rides the whole time while Byron, Bradley, Carter, Parker & I went on the rides that they could go on. Every once in a while we were lucky to run into the older kids with Melissa.

The very first ride we went on was the Rock-O-Plane. I think we were the first ones to go on this ride - Parker & I went first - After going around one time I started feeling pretty sick. I think Parker wanted to have the seat go upside down, but there was no way I was going to have it. Because we were the only person on the ride, I think the person running it gave us an extra long ride. I felt pretty sick for the next 30 minutes - luckily it left, though. Byron went with Carter right after we got off. He was very daring - he went in circles both ways and after going around 4 times asked the person to stop. He was the smart one :). Carter loved every bit of it.
Here Byron is on the Rock-O-Plane with Carter.
After our first ride, we headed to the bathrooms. While there we ran into Melissa and the older children. Camille & Tanner wanted to ride "Centennial Screamer." Every time we have been to Lagoon lately, this ride has been closed. This was their first chance to ride it. I don't think at first they knew what to expect, but loved it.
Here are Parker & Carter patiently waiting since they weren't tall enough to ride.
We next headed to the "Musik Express." I absolutely love this ride. Byron & Melissa can't go on rides that go in circles, so I went with all of the children except for Bradley. I am glad the older kids were with us as Byron was taking pictures, because these are the only pics I have of them.

Byron riding with Parker & Carter on the "Sky Ride." I waited with Bradley at the one end while they went back and forth to see all of Lagoon.
Bradley enjoying the deer while we are waiting for Byron and the boys to get back.
Cute Bradley!
Bradley & I
Parker, Byron & Carter on the way back.
Byron, Bradley & I on the train. I don't think Carter & Parker were very excited about riding this ride - they wanted to go on something more exciting:).
Parker on the airplane.
This was Bradley's second time riding "Puff." He was totally fine the first time, but was having such a hard time convincing himself about going on it again. He looked scared to death - I don't know what to do with this kid:). He won't ride any of the kids rides without Byron or I. He is content just watching in the stroller. Parker & Carter enjoying the ride.
The only ride that Bradley would ride without Byron or I were these cars. He hopped right inside without any reservations and loved the whole ride. I was so nervous that halfway through he would try to get out. Carter was a great big brother to ride with him.
Parker Parker
Bradley
Being 7 and not being able to ride most rides that even 5 year olds can ride really stinks! They are 41 1/2" (Parker) or 41 3/4" (Carter), so we were hoping that the workers would be lenient and let them ride what might be their first real roller coaster, "The Bat." They had to be 42" to ride this ride, so before going to Lagoon I went to about 5 different stores looking for shoes with a high sole. I came away with nothing - mostly because I couldn't see myself paying $25+ for shoes. We were just hoping and praying they would still have a good experience anyways.

As we headed towards "The Bat," I was pretty nervous - as we measured them they were just a tad small. Luckily the worker just let us get on without making them get measured. They were so excited and absolutely loved the ride. The second time they went on it, however, the worker did measure them and wasn't going to let them ride. Luckily he was nice and did.
Melissa with Carter & Parker their second time riding "The Bat."
Melissa got pretty wet riding a previous ride with the older kids. Here she is in line with Carter getting ready to get on the ride.
Here is Parker before his ride.
I love this picture - Byron riding with Carter & Parker on the swings. I'm sure they thought they had the "Coolest Dad" to ride this with them. I love how close Byron's feet come to hitting the ground.
Parker on the carousel.
Parker on the rooster.
Bradley would only sit on this ride with Byron right next to him - even then he wasn't sure at all.
Byron had to keep convincing he would be alright.
We had such a great time. It was so nice to have Melissa keeping the older kids happy with every roller coaster they wanted to ride. I think all of the kids had fun. We were there from 5-11 p.m. and we were able to ride every ride as many times as we wanted. Thanks Melissa for coming with us and probably getting talked into riding more than you wanted :).

1 comment:

Patty said...

How fun! I'm so glad that Carter and Parker were able to go on their first big roller coaster ride.
Lagoon really is a lot of fun. I remember loving the Rock-O-Plane. My friend Kathy and I would ride it over and over going upside down as much as possible.
That was great that Melissa was able to go with you. I'm sure your older children loved being with her.