Thursday, September 17, 2009

4-Wheeling Fun

Eric, Byron & I went up to Tibble Fork August 29th to enjoy some 4-wheeling fun. We rented two 4-wheelers for a day and had a blast! We left our home around 6 a.m. in the morning to get our moneys worth. We drove up American Fork canyon to Tibble Fork. I have never really been on a 4-wheeler except for the occasional 5 minute ride. I was pretty excited to experience it for more time. I never got up the confidence to try driving it myself, but loved being behind Byron. The only problem with this was that I was pretty much sitting on the rack and every bump we went over I felt it pretty bad (unfortunately I got a pretty big bruise to prove it:). We got smart after the first hour to get a pillow for me to sit on.
Byron drove like a pro. I would have to say he was a great driver and awesome at maneuvering around. Eric and Byron seemed to be in their element - happy as can be!
We stopped at lunch to enjoy a picnic amongst the beautiful scenery. It felt great to get off the 4-wheeler for a while to let me legs rest.
Here were some beautiful wild flowers where we ate lunch.
The two daredevils together. Some of our favorite parts were going through ravines and water. We headed out on some pretty long trails and enjoyed the long rides together.
Another beautiful area we passed by.
I headed back home to get the kids around 3 p.m. so they could enjoy an hour of 4-wheeling. While I was gone, the boys enjoyed going out by themselves and being more daring than they were with me. As we drove up to the parking lot, they had just gotten back about 5 minutes earlier. Eric made me laugh at how dirty his face was - sorry I just couldn't resist. Byron had just cleaned off his face right before we got there. Being in the front, all of the dirt flies up constantly onto your face. I was lucky enough to be behind Byron where I didn't get all the dirt. I did have some pretty crazy hair after taking off my helmet, though. It was a must wear hat situation :).

Carter & Parker are getting a ride with Byron - they were so excited to get in their ride.
Tanner waiting for Eric.
Bradley got a quick ride through the parking lot. He was so timid at first, but after his ride he couldn't quit saying "4-wheelers fun." He had a great time.
Byron & Johnathan
Tanner & Eric
All of the kids were so patient waiting for their turn.
Camille & Byron
After each kid got a 15-25 minute ride, Byron & Eric were beat. They decided to leave around 6:00 p.m. and go get the 4-wheelers back. I ended up staying about one more hour and enjoyed Tibble Fork Reservoir with the kids. They loved throwing in rocks, wading in the water, and just being outside amongst nature.
Bradley & Johnathan
Johnathan, Bradley & Camille enjoying the water - Carter & Parker are back behind. The water was pretty cold, but this didn't stop them from wading around in it.
Bradley enjoyed sitting by the shore playing in the water.

We had such a great time together. We live so close to such beautiful areas - we need to take advantage and visit the mountains more often.

1 comment:

Patty said...

How fun!!!
Dad and I went 4 wheeling with Cathy and Ken once up above Pineview. We had a wonderful time.
The area was perfect for enjoying the scenery and wide open spaces.
This summer it was fun to go with Janessa for a little bit on her in-laws. She had no fear. I was surprised.
You really made the best of that days rent. The pictures are so fun to see everyone having so much fun.
Where is Tibble Canyon from your house?