Sunday, September 27, 2009

Awesome book

So I just have to put in a plug for a great book I just read. It is called,"The Incredible Gifts of Women - 12 Gifts That Will Change Your Life Now" by Barbara Barrington Jones.

She addresses the many thoughts that women have about being overwhelmed, exhausted, unhappy, depressed, hard on ourselves, and many other things. I came away from reading it determined to be a better wife and mother. It was awesome to read about other people's lives and how they have overcome challenges and trials. I am determined to not let Satan have a handle on me and tear me down like he is trying so hard to do right now. His emphasis is on the family - especially on the woman in the family. We can do this if we unite together.

2 comments:

Patty said...

It sounds like a great book.
There is so much good I see in you and so does your Heavenly Father.
Celebrate any accomplishment even if it seems small.
You are doing an awesome job and Satan hates that. He loves to get us down whenever possible.
Thank goodness it is conference weekend and we can refill our empty cup.
Love you, hang in there.

Sharon Beck said...

I agree with your mom. You are such a good person and are doing so good as a wife and mother. I learn from you each time I'm with you. But, yes, being a mother, is hard and reading positive books just give you new ideas and ways to improve. I'll have to check that book out.