Tuesday, January 29, 2013

San Francisco Get-A-Way

Byron and I had a short get-a-way in November to San Francisco.  Byron had a training and invited me to come along.  I was so excited to have a quick trip with Byron even if it meant I would be alone part of the time since he was in a conference.  We left Monday morning (Nov. 12).  We checked into our hotel and then took a taxi down to the wharf to find some yummy crab and fish.  Byron was so excited to finally get the crab.  I enjoyed the fish I got even if I felt like I was eating a pound of grease:).  The weather was gorgeous compared to what we left behind in Utah.  We had fun walking all over the pier areas going on a boat out to the Golden Gate Bridge and around Alcatraz.  We then headed down to Pier 49 to see all of the sea lions.  I had a yummy  crepe while there.  Then we went to Ghirardelli Square and were able to see how the chocolate is made.  We had so much fun just enjoying each other and the beautiful city of San Francisco.









 The next morning Byron went to his conference quite early.  I enjoyed sleeping in and then heading down to Union Square by myself for a fun day of shopping.  I was very nervous to venture out by myself but was so proud of myself for doing it.  I got a taxi to take me down and then spent about 4 hours enjoying myself.  I walked all over the place having fun shopping and got some really fun outfits while there.  That night Byron and I went back to Union Square to walk around together.  I felt so much more comfortable with him with me.
 
The next morning Byron went back to his conference and I got into a taxi to head home.  I needed to get back to the kids and Byron stayed until that evening.  Melissa was so nice to watch the kids while we were gone.  It was a much needed vacation for the both of us.



No comments: