Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Camera - dream come true!

I have been wanting a DSLR camera for many years now but knew that it just wasn't something that I could justify buying due to the cost.  I did, however, keep wanting, wishing, searching on the Internet for the best deals, and finding out which camera would be the best for me almost weekly.  I wanted to get one to take pictures of my children playing soccer, while on stage - anything that required a quick response compared to my current one that would take blurry in action most of the time.  I wanted something reliable that when I pushed down the button it would actually take a picture right then.  I finally decided that I wanted to buy a Nikon D5100.  I started looking almost daily at deals at the beginning of October.  A fabulous one came on at Costco, but it soon passed.  After returning home from California, I went with Byron to Costco.  We happened to stop at the cameras and were looking at them for a short time.  Byron told me I should just get one, but still wasn't sure we had the money to spend on such an expensive piece of equipment.  I soon gave in and came home with my dream camera which would also be my birthday, Christmas, Valentines, Mother's Day, next birthday, and next Christmas present :).  I was in a state of complete happiness as I started figuring it out.   I spent the next couple of hours taking pictures of my children through out the house in awe at the clarity and quickness.  My kids were so great to allow my craziness.  I am still learning and working on figuring it out, but have fallen in love.  Still not sure what to do on a trip or vacation as it is a little larger than I have had in the past, but excited to have the option of taking it with me.  Below are some of my first attempts.

Johnathan got this kit during the summer at scout camp and decided to finish it today.  I was impressed at how he was able to do this all on his own without any help.
Bradley decided to make a mailbox.  He spent so much time coloring and writing on it to make it just right.
I went into Tanner's room where he was reading on his bed - the bottom bunk.  The lighing was actually horrible and I got a really great shot - so excited how clear and light it was.
 My cute turtle - so excited how clear through the tank this picture was.
 Had to take some head shots - love these kids and my husband!!! (Carter, red - Parker, blue)




Yeah for some great action shots - My kids indulged me to go outside and play a quick game of soccer so I could practice some action shots.  So excited for soccer to start to enjoy some great pictures.

Parker spent most of his time after school completing this school project.  He had to take a cereal box and cover it with paper then write all about a book he had read including pictures and summary.  He is so great to start way before the deadline and complete things.  Hopefully he sticks with this behavior all through his school years.

Bradley's finished project with his mailbox.  Byron helped him get a PVC pipe for a stand.  I love how he wrote our address.  Such a cute and creative little guy.

1 comment:

Janessa Couch said...

Great pics and I love that camera!!! Can't wait to see what else you can do with it. I need to sit down and figure out my camera better.