Thursday, November 25, 2010

Parker

How lucky I am to be the mother of Parker Beck.  He is such a great kid that lives life to its fullest.  He is constantly teaching me new things.  Parker was born with a very calm personality.  He was the most giving and sweet little guy. 

Parker has a great memory and can memorize songs really quickly.  When we are driving in the car, I love hearing him sing along with David Archuleta or Carrie Underwood.  He has almost every word memorized.  He also can memorize scriptures or other things really easily.  He also has an awesome voice!

He is an amazing runner.  Back a few years ago, Parker's Uncle Michael organized a "Beck Run."  All of the kids ran around the track field one time.  Parker kept on running and ended up doing one mile and still wanted to go more.  He has so much energy and didn't get tired.  One day I can see him in track or cross country.  Parker is also awesome in soccer.  He is not intimidated by the ball and will keep after it until a goal is made or the ball goes out of bounds.  The first year he was in soccer when he was in kindergarten, he would disappear after the games and I would end up finding him fast asleep in his bed.   He has worn himself out on the field enough to fall asleep - which was definitely not typical of him.

Parker has a funny sense of humor.  He can get me laughing with the stories he tells or the way he makes faces when he says something.  He also is a comedian in our home.  He is my "Spaghetti Boy" and can't eat enough of it.  Parker can stand on his head for the longest time and has really good balance. 
Parker loves school and is really good with math.  He can add numbers that I can't in my head.  He also is a great swimmer and will do dives off the diving board along with Carter.  He is literally a fish out of the water and would go every day if he had a chance.  Last summer we had swimming lessons and he learned so quickly to the point where he can swim without me being worried.

In June, Parker was so excited to start being a cub scout.  I have been in scouts the past 3 years, so he would see me going every week and looked forward to the day when he turned 8.  He loves going every week and enjoys the interaction with the cub scouts. 

He is a great helper.  I will walk into a room and find him secretly sweeping the kitchen floor for me or mopping.  Parker loves to help and is really good at cleaning when he wants to.  There was about a 5 month period when Carter & Parker kept their bedrooms so clean I couldn't believe it was their bedroom.  He also has always been a great big brother to help with anything I have needed when Bradley was younger.  He would entertain him and play with him so I could get other things done. 

Parker loves to play the computer, Wii, watch movies, play card games, and play with his brothers outside.  He also enjoys riding his bike and just having fun laughing.  He has the best laugh that makes me smile.

Parker is daring.  Last time we went out on a boat, he was doing quite the tricks while on the tube.  He turned backwards and ended up practically doing the splits.  He enjoys life and has fun in the process.

I love you so much Parker and feel so lucky to be your mom.  You are such an awesome kid that has amazing potential.  You will go far in life from your hard work and determination.  

No comments: