Friday, December 3, 2010

Bradley

Where do I begin with this guy - he is such a huge joy in my life. Our family truly wasn't complete without him.  He is my little sidekick through out the day that definitely keeps me young:).  He has endless energy. 

 Bradley has always been so amazing when it comes to remembering things.  He has been talking since he was around 15 months and hasn't quit talking since then.  He will remember a person's name even if he hasn't seen them in a few weeks.  I remember when Bradley was just 2, I was talking to a lady in my driveway when he heard me call out her name.  Maybe 5 minutes later he came up to this lady and called her by her first name.  Both me and this lady were amazed.  Ever since then he hasn't forgotten anybody's names.  When he was first in nursery, he would rattle off all of his friend's names.  Some that he said I wasn't even familiar with until I looked into it further to find out that they really were in class with him. 

Bradley is a definite people person.  He has always LOVED being where the action was.  He loves being around his aunts, uncles and cousins.  Bradley has a very close bond with his cousin Cadan.  Both of them play so well together and rarely get into any arguments.  It is actually a huge blessing for me when Cadan is over because I finally can get some free time for myself.

He is my only child that hasn't loved TV.  Bradley never showed any interested at all in any show until he was around 2 1/2 when he started watching Leapfrog letter factory and also Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  He still won't sit still for very long and will only tolerate a 30 minute show of Dora or Mickey Mouse.  On the good note, he has had a lot of creative and educational time.  He will be playing with his toys while all of the other kids are watching TV. 

Bradley does love to play the laptop.  He is really good with maneuvering around on the computer between his favorite websites: "Starfall," "Disney" or "Pbskids." 

Bradley is a very happy guy that has a contagious smile and laugh.  He is happy and content 90% of the time. 

This year has been a little trying in the Bradley realm.  He has decided that he doesn't want to leave his mom's side to attend joy school, nursery or even go to somebody else's house.  If I end up leaving him, he will only be distraught for maybe 5 minutes then gets over it quickly.  He is doing a lot better the past month.  I was so worried about him a few months ago thinking that he might be my first child that wouldn't go to kindergarten without me going with him.  I am so happy to see a possible light at the end of this tunnel.

Bradley is so fun to be around.  He loves to play with legos, Geo trax, ride his bike, play with friends, play with his brothers when they are home, help in the kitchen, sing songs, take apart anything that he can find with a screw driver, play with play dough, and being outside.  He is so easy going and such a joy to have as a child.  I love you Bradley so much and feel so blessed to have you as my boy - how lucky I truly am!

No comments: