Saturday, November 13, 2010

Camille

Since this month is Thanksgiving, I wanted to write how lucky and thankful I am for each of my children.

Camille is such a delight to have as a daughter.  I love her and feel so blessed that she joined our family first.  Being the only daughter to a bunch of boys definitely wouldn't be my idea of wonderful, but she does a great job at dealing with it.  How wonderful it is to have a daughter first - so great to get those little breaks from the time she was 9 or 10 where I could leave for about 15 minutes and know the kids were in good hands.
She has such a creativity knack and is really good at it.  She can learn new things so easily - usually teaching herself by watching somebody doing it or reading about it.  She can knit, make jewelry, cook, play the piano, sing, loves playing with children, and the list could go on. 

Camille has an AMAZING memory - From the time she was just 3 or 4, she could tell us which direction to turn while driving to go home or to head to Grandpa & Grandma's home.  She would also get upset with me if she thought we were heading home and she could tell we weren't going that direction.  As soon as I would turn somewhere different she would say, "Where are we going?"  I didn't know that such a young child would notice these things. 

She has never had a hard time making friends.  We would go to the park when she was young and she would always know the kid's names at the park and become their instant friend.

Camille loves food - to eat it and to cook it.  She is really a great cook also.  She will look at cookbooks and find something quite tasty to cook and make it to perfection. Camille is good at adding her own twists to recipes and they most always turn out wonderful.  Just a week ago she wanted to make alfredo sauce.  We didn't have any cream cheese so she wanted me to go and buy some.  Since I didn't want to head to the store for one item, she improvised.  She ended up using "Laughing Cow Cheese" and it turned out amazing!  I had her immediately write down the recipe so I can try to duplicate in the future.  I also love to eat her "Lion House" rolls, lasagna, taco soup, chicken pot pie, meatballs and bread sticks.  She also loves to eat food that is elaborate or very time consuming - not mac and cheese or ramon noodles. 

Camille has been singing since she started talking.  There were times when she was younger that I started getting annoyed with the constant singing that was going on.  That annoying singing soon paid off as I realized that she truly has a singing talent.  She was in the play  "Sound of Music" back in Aug. 2007 and her love for drama and singing has just tripled since then.  Camille  has since been in quite a few plays and can't get enough of it.  She started taking singing lessons last year and her singing abilities have really improved.
She has had to overcome some pretty hard obstacles in her life and is such a great example to me of how to do that. She loves to play card games, watch movies, read a book, hang out with family, ride roller blades, or watch a play.  I love you so much Camille and am so grateful you are my daughter!  You are such a beautiful girl both inside and out!

Below is a video of Camille singing "Gimme Gimme." 


5 comments:

Patty said...

What a special tribute to a pretty amazing young women. Is that the video you did of Camille singing when we were there? If so you did an amazing job of videoing it. Our's did not turn out nearly as well.
Camille sure is talented in many ways and thank goodness she is willing to share her talents. We love seeing her preform.

Chapples said...

Camille you sing amazing! What talent!!!!

Janessa Couch said...

Such a petite girl but such a strong voice! She is amazing! You two should do a duet together since you are such an amazing singer also. :) I love the first picture of her, so cute. I can't believe how blonde her hair looks in the picture though.

Sharon Beck said...

I loved reading this about my awesome granddaughter. It is all true. The thing I love about Camille and all her gifts, is that she is so willing to share her talents, whether it be singing, watching children, cooking, or making jewelry for you. I love you, Camille!

Grammy said...

Wowm, Tricia - your daughter is amazing - just like her mama1 Thanks for letting me view your blog. I do like to drop in every now and then. You certainly have a beautiful family!