Saturday, November 13, 2010

Tanner

How fun and exciting it was to add a boy to our family after having 2 girls!  Byron especially loved having a boy to play catch with.  Little did we know at this time that our trend with boys was just beginning:).  Tanner is the 5th "Byron" in our ancestry - named after 4 amazing men!

Tanner is a very easy going kid.  He would prefer to not be inside, but outside all day long.  The first thing he does everyday after arriving home from school is to go into the backyard with one of his siblings and play a ball game.

Tanner will come up behind me and give me the best hug.  One time when Byron was overseas, Tanner came up behind and did this - I almost freaked out thinking it was Byron behind me since he would do this same thing often.  How I love those hugs!
He is a great reader and almost can't put a book down each evening.  Him and Johnathan will read every night together in their bedrooms.  I love seeing them reading together.  Tanner has read all of the "Lightening Thief" series along with Johnathan.  I was surprised how quickly they both got through them.  He tries frequently to have me read some of the books he has recently read.

Every since Tanner was very young, he has had awesome coordination.  Byron could play ball with him when he was really small.  I remember watching Tanner bounce a ball when he was around 3 and it just looked so funny to have such a young child dribbling so well.  Tanner is really good at every sport he tries including soccer & flag football.  He also love watching BYU football with Byron.  If I ever have a question about a football rule or who a player is, I can ask Tanner and he will almost always know the answer.  He knows what number each player is and really loves to watch the games, especially next to Byron or at the BYU stadium.

He has a great voice and used to sing quite a bit when he was younger without prodding.  Now it must not be a "cool" thing to do as it is a little harder to get him to sing.  He will, however, sing in the car with us if he hears some of his favorite songs like, "Life Is A Highway," "Replay," or "Eenie Meenie."  I love to hear him and hope he continues to want to share his talent with others.  Tanner also is taking piano right now and doing really well.  He can play the piano by ear.
Tanner is such a great and tender brother.  He was always such a great helper with each baby I had and was so cute as he would play with them to help in any way. He is a hard worker and is really great at mowing lawns.  He also loves to play card and board games.  Tanner has never had a problem making friends and having many.  There used to be a time where we would have quite a few boys each day calling or knocking on the door to play with Tanner. 

I love you Tanner.  I feel so fortunate to be able to raise you and be your mother.  Your smile and laugh melt my heart!

2 comments:

Sharon Beck said...

I agree with all you said about Tanner. He's always so enjoyable to be around. He doesn't have to be the center of attention all the time and I like that about him. When we had Tanner and Johnathan spend the night, Melissa, Tanner, Johnathan and I were playing monopoly, and Johnathan was saying all these one-liners and Tanner was laughing and enjoying listening to Johnathan as much as the rest of us. He wasn't jealous at all! I love you Tanner!

Genevieve Beck said...

How fun to read (Camille's entry too!). I love that picture of Tanner and Bradley! What great kids!