Monday, November 8, 2010

September Happenings

FOOTBALL - BYU football is always a very anticipated season.  Byron, Parker, Tanner & I went to the first home game. We had a great time.


 At the pre-show they had rock climbing.  Parker & Tanner did a great job.

 Tanner got to the top.

There was also bull rides - it was pretty funny seeing Parker, Tanner & Eric all fell off within a few seconds.
Tanner
Eric

PONTOON BOAT - Since our last pontoon boat excursion turned into a crazy experience, we were able to rent a boat for free.  We took the kids out of school and enjoyed a day on the water.  This time around it  was a much better experience.  The water was so much colder, though that I didn't want to even attempt the tube.  All of the kids had a great time and didn't let the cold hinder them at all.  This particular boat would drive faster than the other one which made for a more exciting ride.  We also got a different style of tube that was initially harder to get on, but was more stable when riding on it.
Carter being a dare-devil.

Camille standing up.
Bradley & I hanging out on the boat.  Bradley wanted nothing to do with the water this time around and was very content to just watch.
Eric
Dad Beck fell in as he was trying to get onto the tube - I felt so bad for him - he got right up and got onto the tube, though with a smile on his face.


Tanner was fishing off the boat for a short time with no luck.
Parker got very daring and started showing off as he was doing tricks for us.



Johnathan, Camille, Parker & Carter braving the cold water.
Bradley & Grandma Beck being silly.

JOY SCHOOL - My little guy is old enough to attend school - pretty cool!  He loved the first day and went without any complaints.  I am doing it with 4 mom's in our neighborhood which means I teach for 2 weeks time every 6 weeks.  It works really well.  The other 3 children will be entering kindergarten next year, so Bradley is a little younger than the rest.  After attending the first time, he didn't want to let me leave when I went to drop him off.  I felt bad I ended up leaving him as he was crying, but that only lasted a few minutes before he was fine.  Every week he seems to get a little better but I never know when he will have a melt down.  Hopefully this is just a phase and he overcomes it before kindergarten.  I definitely don't want to be sitting in the school with him at that point:).
FISHING - Carter, Parker & Camille got some money from working at the duplexes for the summer and wanted to buy a fishing pole.  We went fishing one Monday evening for them to try them out.  We didn't catch anything, but had fun in the process.

Carter
Parker
BBQ - The BBQ pit that Byron got for his birthday back in April has gotten many uses this year.  We had fun roasting hot dogs and marshmallows.  Melissa joined us for the fun.
Carter

CRAZY WEATHER - This fall/winter has been the most crazy I can remember yet.  It started out with a hail/ice storm on September 22nd.  We were receiving downpours for quite some time that morning.  Then the hail/ice storm started and it didn't quit for about 30 minutes.  I couldn't believe the size of ice coming down.  I had to grab a few pieces and take pictures.  The ice was almost the size of a quarter and was pretty tall.  It looked like the crushed ice from my ice dispenser.  I even put a cup outside to collect some to show the kids and Byron when they got home.

I remember as a child in Wyoming having really large hail coming down that were pelting me and my sister really bad as we were quickly running home.  As a child I probably remember things larger than they really were, but as I saw the size of the ice coming down, I began to think that my mind probably was right about how large the hail was back then. 

Parker came home that morning with an upset stomach, so he was home for the fun.  Parker & Bradley while the rain was coming down.
This ice piece was massive.





It was really crazy!  I am glad I wasn't out driving because I would have been afraid of breaking my wind shied.
Bradley being silly with an umbrella - he attached it to his pants and was walking around with it dragging behind him.

DISCOVERY PARK - While Byron went to another BYU game with Camille, Carter & Johnathan, the rest of us headed over to the Discovery Park in Pleasant Grove.  I had not been there for about 10 years, so it was fun to go again.  Bradley, Parker & Tanner had so much fun running from one area to the next.  We will definitely have to go again when we have everyone together.



3 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

That ice storm sounds scary. We have had that before and I hate it. Can't believe how large the ice balls are. WOW! I have wonderful memories of going to the BYU games with you guys! Now, we just get to watch them on tv and pretend that we are there. :)

Chapples said...

Love all the pictures!

Patty said...

Great pictures and so much fun. That hail looked pretty dangerous, wow!