Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Johnathan

Johnathan is such a fun kid to be around. He is smart, a great helper, easy going, and extremely motivated in all he does.  He was the perfect child for my third.  I was very nervous to see how being a mom to 3 would turn out, but it was such a great transition thanks to such a wonderful and good natured boy.  He was my best pregnancy and was a very happy little guy.  Johnathan loved to hang out with his older two siblings.  He has this really great relationship with Tanner that I hope stays for their whole life.

Johnathan is my sweet tooth.  Of all my children, I can get the most benefits out of him if something sweet is involved.  I can always get those jobs I don't want to tackle done if the reward is candy.  He is almost my most picky eater.  I really hope this changes as he gets older because I just don't know how he will survive a mission and being married.  His favorite foods are mashed potatoes & gravy, pepperoni pizza, any sugary cereal, apples and rolls.

He is the peacemaker in our home.  Rarely does Johnathan start conflict with somebody else.  He is also a great reader.  Since Johnathan was around 1st grade he has been reading every night along with Tanner.  I can't get the two of them to turn off the lights most nights.  Right now he is reading "The 39 Clues" series and absolutely loving them.  Johnathan has enjoyed collecting money from all over the world lately.  Luckily he has a dad that has some travel behind his belt, so he is always bringing home loose change from these trips. 

Johnathan is a great student.  He loves to learn.  I have never had to really get after Johnathan to do any homework.  He will come home from school and jump on it. 

He is also huge into computers, his DS, and video games.  I, unfortunately, have to sometimes kick Johnathan out of the house so he will get some exercise:).  He is really good at figuring things out on the computer.  Recently Johnathan asked Byron to help him create his own web page.  Every night for a few days he would have Byron teach him a few more things so he could create tables, add links, use colors, etc.  I was impressed how Byron was so patient and would teach him these things that I have no clue how to do.  Johnathan was a quick learner and took off. 

When he turned 8, he was so excited to be in the scouting program.  He would read the Wolf book whenever he got a chance to see what new things he could pass off.  Because of this, he received his Wolf pretty soon after turning 8.  He loves anything "scouts" and is currently in Webelos.

Johnathan loves soccer and has played for about 4 seasons.  This past year he was on the same team as Tanner.  I loved seeing the two of them playing forward together.  They were starting to be really good together as the season ended.  

Johnathan is such a wonderful helper.  I can always count on him to help set the table, run downstairs to grab something for dinner, take out the garbage, stay and help until everything is cleaned after eating dinner, or to watch Bradley.  He is very competent and a great kid.  I love you so much Johnathan and feel blessed to be your mom.  You have a fun sense of humor and are such a bright light in my life.  Love you tons!!!

No comments: