Friday, January 22, 2010

My Birthday

Since Byron left for Europe on Dec. 11th - he decided to have my party on Dec. 8th. I tried to convince him that I really didn't need to have one - especially 6 days before my birthday, but he wouldn't listen.

For my party, we had fun playing the new Wii Super Mario Brothers game. Many of the family had never played it before, so it was fun to introduce them to something I love. I am sorry to say that I love playing Super Mario from the nintendo. My kids used to watch me play surprised at how far I could get. So many fun memories of playing this game with Jared and other siblings. Even though this new Wii game is so different, it was just up my alley. I love it and especially like the part where 4 people can play at the same time to help each other. We all took turns. Thanks to all the awesome family who came to support me on that day. I am so blessed to have such wonderful people surrounding me!

For my actual birthday I was lucky enough to be taken out to eat twice - once by my mother-in-law and next by my sister-in-law. I went with Mom Beck to Paradise Bakery and enjoyed a yummy BBQ salad for lunch. She was so awesome to come and treat me like a queen. I then was spoiled again to have dinner provided by Melissa. She took me to Rumbi Island Grill. I had never been before and got some chicken with rice - It was so tasty I had to return in a few days to get it again.

I am not one to let others know that it is my birthday. Since Facebook lets all of your friends know when this special day is, I was getting posts all day from awesome friends and family. They seriously made my day. It was hard to have a birthday while Byron was out of the country, but became a highlight of the month for me.

Since there is such a crazy time difference between here and Europe, I wasn't sure if I would be able to talk with Byron on my birthday. I was so excited to talk with him that afternoon, though. Since everytime he calls from another country, the caller ID says something that I don't recogniz - sometimes don't answer when he calls. That is how it was on this particular day. He had called twice when I hadn't answered due to eating out or just being busy. Luckily I soon started thinking that this phone number must be Byron since it had called me twice already - I was so excited when I saw it appear again on my caller ID and to be able to talk with him.

I was truly spoiled and had such a wonderful week of celebrations. Thanks for all the phone calls, emails, and visits - I truly appreciate all of you!
Opening presents at my family party.
Bradley & Cadan eating the treats at my party - aren't they so cute together?

1 comment:

Janessa Couch said...

Love your shirt in the pictures! It is adorable and a great color on you. So glad that your birthday turned out to be a great one, you deserve it!