Monday, January 11, 2010

Kids while we were in Hong Kong and after Byron comes home

The kids survived my absence and it looks like Melissa and Allyson did also:). Having 6 children is overwhelming for me, let alone going from either 2 or none to 6 all at once. They were awesome to watch my kids and did an awesome job!!! I'm sure there were moments they almost lost it just like I have those moments. Everybody was smiling when I arrived back home, though, so that is at least a good sign.

I know that Bradley loved having Myles & Rose here since he wouldn't quit talking about them for at least a week after they left. He loves having somebody his age to play with .

Here are some pictures that were taken while Melissa was with the kids.
Jeff, Emily & kids came over with Eric on Sunday night to play bingo. It looks like they all had a great time.

Camille was the announcer and so cute with her karaoke machine and microphone:)

Cadan & Bradley are such great friends. I have never seen such a close relationship between cousins before.
Melissa helped each of the kids make a darling turkey with fruit roll ups, cupcake and a cookie to give to one of their friends. The turkeys are so cute. (Tanner, Bradley, Camille, Johnathan, Carter & Parker).
This is the group Byron had his 3 day meeting with while in Hong Kong. They came from all over the world. They headed to Victorias Peak one of the nights and got took these amazing pictures. I think I need to look into getting a new camera - these look like postcard shots - just beautiful!!!


Byron arrived home from Hong Kong on Nov. 21st - 4 days after I got back. I went to the airport to pick him up and after waiting for quite some time got a call from Byron. He wasn't sure that his luggage made it with him so he had to wait for a little bit longer to have it checked. Sure enough, somewhere in San Francisco, his luggage didn't make it onto his flight home. He was able to leave and they delivered his luggage late that night to our house. I guess it was a good place for his luggage to be lost since he really didn't need it once he was home.

Byron & I had purchased some different presents for the kids while in Hong Kong. We gave them some of those things after Byron got his luggage. I can't believe I never took any pictures, but they were some yummy chocolate candies and little gifts. The rest of the presents were kept for Christmas.

3 comments:

Patty said...

Melissa is an awesome babysitter. Your children will look forward to you going on trips to have more fun with her.
I love the cupcake turkeys. They sure beat the gumdrop kind.
The bingo looked like a lot of fun I haven't played it in along time.

Stephanie Johnson said...

The turkeys were cute and such a good idea to give it to a friend. Melissa is so creative! What's the name of the guy standing to the right of Byron? I recognize him from BYU -- maybe from ballroom dancing.

Tricia said...

Stephanie - that is funny you recognize him - that is Chris Stubbs - Byron's boss - I believe he was big into ballroom dancing at BYU. I just thought he was older than you. It is a small world.