Thursday, October 2, 2008

Tanner Fun!


Tonight I had the fun opportunity to spend some one-on-one time with Tanner. Last month was actually his turn for our "Night Out," but due to such a busy month we haven't had any free time until now. Tanner has been wanting to go to "Liberty Land" since they opened during the summer right down from our house. We got there to find out that they were closed while creating a haunted house - just our luck! Tanner was upset, but didn't want to post pone our night together. He decided that we would go bowling instead.


We headed to "Jack and Jill Bowling" in American Fork. We arrived at 7:30 to find out that in 1/2 hour we would have to be done due to a league coming on. We decided to just hurry up and play a game (just not our night:) We did end up having a lot of fun. Tanner had the bumper up half of the time, but did pretty good when it was down also. I was getting quite a few gutter balls when a man came up behind me and said, "Tricia, could I give you a word of advice?" First of all, this man addresses me by my first name and second of all I came here to have some fun with my son - not to become a bowling pro. I was beginning to feel out of my league when I turned around to see about 30 guys watching us play. I decided to just enjoy our time together and not let them bother me. We ended up having a great time. Tanner scored 58 and I got 65 (only because of a strike that I got on my 9th turn). We enjoyed the quick 30 minutes there and then headed out to get ice cream.



Even though it is hard to break away from the husband and other children to spend the one-on-one time with each child, it is so rewarding!!! I found out some things about Tanner that I probably wouldn't have otherwise. I remember how I felt going out with my parents by myself and will always remember those special times.

Thanks Tanner for the special night together!

4 comments:

chapples8 said...

How fun to spent such quality time with each of your children--you're creating great memories for them. I've actually bowled at that Alley for Emily E's birthday a few years ago--fun, fun!

Patty said...

Looks like you both had a fun evening. I love those bumper pads, those gutterballs are no fun.
While you were bowling our Young Men may have been bowling. They learned how to score bowling and then they went out in the parking lot and had a bowling game with actual bowling pins and balls.
I thought that was pretty amazing. I was envisioning them out there with the plastic set.
What a special evening for you and Tanner. Those pictures will bring back cool memories forever.

Janessa Couch said...

How fun! I really really love your idea. I need to do one on one time especially with Lindsay and Ashley. I bet Tanner is already planning his next get away with Mom.

Leah said...

Sounds like a great date!