Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Scarecrows

Carter & Parker had Scarecrow Days at their school today. I was lucky enough to be able to join them for one hour in school and help them make a scarecrow. They have been so excited for this day to arrive. Yesterday they made their head during school - so today was putting the body together. I went though some of Bradley's clothes to find some that would work for their scarecrow clothes. It is funny to see the scarecrows now because they remind me of Bradley - and are about his same height. We had such a great time. I felt so honored to be able to help not one, but two children. We put them outside our front door. Carter & Parker are so excited to have them where everyone can see them.

Parker
Carter Carter, me and Parker
Carter and Parker proud of their fun creations.

6 comments:

Leah said...

Very cute!

Genevieve Beck said...

What a fun activity for them! They do remind me of Bradley! Pretty cute.

Carrrie said...

What a cute activity! I am always looking for ideas for "projects" for Riley. :) It's so great that you were able to volunteer in their class..that is always such a neat opportunity for Mom's!

Janessa Couch said...

I remember Bradley wearing those clothes. What a fun kindergarten idea. That is so nice that you have both of them in the same class so you do not have to feel like you leave one child out.

Sharon Beck said...

How fun! I remember helping Tanner with his scarecrow one year for Grandparent's day. I can see why Carter and Parker are excited to display them--they're cute!

Patty said...

Parker and Carter I love your scarecrows! I'm glad that your schools let you take time to do such fun creative things.
It is great that your Mother was able to come and help you out.