Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Caramel Apples

For Family Home Evening last night we made caramel apples. The kids were so excited and couldn't quit talking about them. We definitely had a great time unwrapping each caramel, waiting for the caramel to melt, and then dipping the apples. We dipped 9 apples and then enjoyed eating the remaining caramel. The kids couldn't get enough - it was actually quite hilarious to see them fight for every bite.

Parker enjoying every bite he took. Bradley was so excited and went to the pantry to grab a spoon. Byron handed one spoon to him with caramel on it and at the same time I handed him a spoon also with caramel on it not knowing that he already had one. You should have heard his response when he was handed 2 spoons. We all got such a good laugh out of him.

Carter & Parker eating what was left of the caramel.

Since we had already eaten plenty of caramel, I had the kids save their caramel apple for today. Parker & Carter were so excited to eat their apple at lunchtime. I definitely got my share of caramel apples today. They were so DELICIOUS! We will have to remember to make these next year.

5 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

Yummy! I love carmel apples. I think that you should save one for me. What a fun FHE idea, we will have to try that next week.

Leah said...

Makes me want to eat an carmel apple!

Sharon Beck said...

The thing they loved was not only the caramel--but the family time together. I was pleased to see that Byron was the one stirring the caramel.

Patty said...

Simple home activities can be the best sometimes. I always have warm feelings when I see caramel apples of fun times making them with all of you.
I can just imagine Bradley's response to two spoons of caramel, it made my mouth water thinking about it. Caramel, chocolate, and ice cream are my weaknesses.

Jared and Danielle said...

I know what I want to eat right now!