Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Normalcy

As of right now our house is back to normal. Carter went back to school yesterday. He couldn't wait to see his teacher and play with his friends he has missed. These past few days haven't been all bad, though. I really enjoyed the one-on-one time with Carter. Having twins, it really is hard to spend individual time with each one. I don't think I have ever just read to Carter before. We enjoyed sitting and reading together. He is quite a good reader.

(As I have been writing for the past 3 minutes, I have already had to rescue my little tornado from emptying out my purse, eating the crayons left out by Carter, and from pulling the plastic wrap all over himself - uuugghhh!!)

What gets me up in the morning?
1. The realization that I have 6 beautiful children that want me a part of their life (at least they don't want to disown me just yet).
2. An awesome husband who I am so blessed and lucky to have found.

Those are the 2 main reasons that I try my hardest every day to help make our home "a little bit of heaven." Why I tackle endless housework day in and day out! Why I make meals that sometimes only two people want to eat. Why I run my kids to school, dance, and church activities.

I am such a lucky person. I am so grateful for my family and the opportunity to be a mom. As my kids are getting older (I have a 12 year old- yikes!) I am realizing how quickly they are growing up and will soon be married, on a mission, going to college, etc. I am trying to have this help me get through the endless piles of laundry. There will be one day when I won't have anybodies to wash except for Byron & I's. I laugh at something my mom recently said about not wanting to wash away finger prints that were created from grandchildren in her home - she wanted to have proof that we were actually there. I'm sure one day I will be that way also when everybody has moved away. I need to not let everything upset me and enjoy life. I have been better at allowing my house to go without being cleaned so I can take the opportunity to play with my children more.

Dallin H. Oaks~ "We should never be discouraged in those daily tasks which God has ordained to the common lot of man. Each day's labor should be undertaken in a joyous spirit and with the thought and conviction that our happiness and eternal welfare depend upon doing well that which we ought to do, that which God has made it our duty to do."

8 comments:

Maria said...

I appreciate your thoughts and those of previous posts. It is uplifting and encouraging for me to read. Thank you!

Mary said...

Trica, you are awesome! Thank you so much for your wonderful and beautiful thoughts. You truely are amazing and are always positive. You are a great example to me. Thank you so much for your sweetness and friendship.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Carter is feeling better. We sure missed you guys on Sunday.
Thanks for the reminders that it is OK to let things go every once in a while. Just last night I was going crazy because it was already 11 and the dishes still weren't done. Jeremy convinced me to go to bed and leave them for today. I am so glad I did. It didn't hurt anything, but I got to spend some much needed quality time with Clara and Jeremy.

tamster17 said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts -- it helps all of us to know that we aren't the only mommy out there going a bit crazy every day. It helps remind me that I need to look more for the positive things I have in my life!

Janessa Couch said...

I am so glad that things are getting back to normal in your home. Hopefully in a couple of weeks, you will not have to go through the whole chicken pox things again.

Patty said...

What great uplifting thoughts and important things to remember.
I'm so glad that Carter is better and was so excited to get back to school.
Love you

Amy said...

Thanks for the inspiration. I needed that!

Cara said...

I love how many sayings you have from so many different people. Thanks for posting all of them.