Friday, October 17, 2008

FAMILY TIME

IN ALL OF LIVING HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED.
President Gordon B. Hinckley

Since Byron took the day off and the kids were out of school - we planned another fun day away from the house and cleaning :). We went up into Millcreek Canyon for a picnic and to enjoy the beautiful fall colors. I had never been up in that canyon before. We usually go up Provo Canyon or American Fork Canyon so it was fun to have a change. The colors were BEAUTIFUL!!! We had such a great time walking around and enjoying a family picnic. I absolutely love this time of year. I love walking with leaves crunching below my feet and not being able to see the sidewalk because it is covered with leaves. The colors were also gorgeous. We took a short hike and loved how refreshing and fun it is to be in the outdoors. I am sad that this time of year will be short due to the inevitable cold weather that will roll in soon. For now, though, we enjoyed it and took plenty of pictures to remember this great day.
Camille & Bradley
Our picnic - we enjoyed subs, chips and pretzels. The yellow jackets came and made a relaxing lunch turn into a hurried lunch.
My boys - Tanner, Carter, Johnathan, Parker & Byron
Bradley
My awesome husband!
Bradley & Tanner
I love pictures with Byron & I together since it doesn't happen very often.
Bradley
Bradley, Camille, Carter, Parker, Johnathan & Tanner
Enjoying a leisure stroll!
After leaving the canyon, we headed to Hogle Zoo. We enjoyed the 70 degree weather and had these yummy ice-cream cones to show for it. I originally got a churro for Bradley, but after he saw my ice-cream cone he didn't want anything to do with it. He was so messy, but such a happy kid. There were so many people at the zoo, but we still were able to enjoy ourselves. We enjoyed an elephant show and were able to see so many fun animals. The baby meerkats were a hit.

We had such a fun day together. I just love those days where we can run away from everything and enjoy time together.

8 comments:

Leah said...

You got some wonderful pictures! Looks like a great family day!

Patty said...

What a special memory for all of you. I'm glad that you were able enjoy the day all together.
Fall is beautiful.
There is something so amazing about being out in nature. It is so peaceful and serene.
i can see why Bradley had eyes only for the ice cream cone.
I love that picture of you and Byron.

Janessa Couch said...

Very cute pictures. I love driving into the mountains for days like those. The best part about a mountain drive, is no cell phone coverage! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures. Glad you could enjoy the fall. We had a little weekend of pumpkin patches and fall activities, too. You guys are lucky to have the warm weather on your side.
We love Hogel Zoo! The elephant sneezing is the best:)

tamster17 said...

What a fun day for your family! Those are the times that make it all worthwhile -- creating great family memories together. After last weekends snow storm, it's great to enjoy the great weather again! And like you said, it won't be around much longer!

Jared and Danielle said...

I used to love going up Provo canyon during the fall. The colors really are beautiful!!

Genevieve Beck said...

Those are beautiful pictures. I'm glad you got to enjoy the canyon while the colors are still so vibrant.

Grammy Carrie said...

Hi Tricia... I don't know if you remember me... My husband Bart built the church house in Corcoran Ca. does that ring a bell..? I remember you so well in young womens.. I have a wonderful letter from you when I left.. I read it every now and then.. I recently got in touch with katie Clark and went to her blog... which is where i found your blog... you have a beautiful family.. Would you mind if I put your blog on mine? Love, Carrie
golfsangel@msn.com
lifeislivedinmoments.blogspot.com

Your camille looks a lot like her mother did at that age.. what a doll....