Thursday, December 27, 2012

Camille turns "16"

Wow - I don't think there are many things that could make me feel as old as having my daughter turn "16."  She is such a sweet girl.  I wanted to do something fun for her as it was such a big milestone and her dad was gone to Scout Camp.  Since we were heading to a family reunion on Camille's actual birthday, we celebrated her birthday on the 12th of July.

I surprised Camille by taking her to get a pedicure.  Such a fun mother/daughter activity.  I have wanted to do this with her for some time, but could never get myself to pay for the expense.  I thought this was worth splurging for.  We had fun sitting together getting pampered. 

We gave Camille a flat iron/curling iron combo.  The curling iron makes such fun curls.  It was fun to see how darling Camille could make her hair.  It has become her favorite bathroom item lately.  She also has been wanting a new bike for quite a while  She picked it out (so it wasn't really a surprise).  The bike seems to go with her personality great. 

For dinner we went to Macaroni Grill with everybody (minus Tanner, Johnathan & Byron).  We had fun eating at such a fun place.  The food was so good including the gelato we had for dessert.  I told our waiter that it was Camille's birthday in case they sang.  He said that we wouldn't want him to sing to her, but he would bring out a dessert for her instead.  She was more than fine with that option and loved having something yummy to eat afterwards. 

Byron & Johnathan were able to talk to Camille on her birthday.  She was impressed that they remembered.

I am not sure how I got to be such a lucky person to be her mom.  She is such an amazingly talent girl.  She has the creative & musical juices flowing like non other.  She plays the guitar so well and also has an amazing voice.  She will make an awesome mom one day as she loves to cook and spend time doing fun crafts and other things at home.  Cannot believe we are hitting such a fun milestone of turning "16."  Scary for me, but so exciting for her.  Cannot wait to see how this year goes.





Dinner - Carter, Parker, Camille, Tricia & Bradley

Carter with his gelato.

No comments: