Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Nu Skin Party

Every year Nu Skin holds a family summer party. Can I just say that I have never heard of a company that treats it's employees as well as Nu Skin does. What a great company we have been blessed for Byron to work with!!!

This year they had it at Lagoon - on Sept. 19th - and my kid's talked about it so much that you would have thought it was Christmas:). Lagoon was closed to the public, so we were able to walk onto many of the rides all night long. Allyson was so nice to watch Bradley for us so we could enjoy our evening better - thanks Allyson!!! Byron & I took turns taking Camille, Tanner & Johnathan on the roller coasters and then taking Carter & Parker on the rides they could go on. We all had such a great time.

Johnathan was tall enough to go on all the roller coasters this year and sure had a lot of fun. He was pretty timid at first, but didn't seem to let this stop him. Byron & I were able to enjoy roller coasters more this time then we have ever before. All of us (5 oldest) went on Wicked and loved it. This was probably the ride with the longest line, but well worth it.

ParkerAll of us riding the train. The older kid's weren't so excited to be in this ride, but were troopers. It was fun to go on a ride with us all together.


Parker & Carter waiting for their brothers and sisters to go on "The Bat." They were wet from riding a new ride, "OdySea" previously.
Byron can't handle rides that go in circles, so he sat out on this ride - Tilt-a-Whirl.
I can see why rides have to put a height restriction, but get so frustrated when I hear from my 6 year olds how sad they were that they couldn't go on a ride that most 6 year olds can ride on. I remember myself being in this predicament, but feel sad when I see it first hand with my children. Then I see the kid's that are tall for their age being forced on these big rides by their parents because they are able to ride them, but they mentally can't handle them - other than this issue we had no complaints the whole night :).

Camille & Tanner went on rides that I didn't even dare to go on. I don't have any problem riding most of the rides at Lagoon - except if they go straight up or free-fall - I am scared to death of them. "The Rocket" was one of those rides that I didn't feel comfortable riding on. Tanner & Camille rode it twice. I think they were absolutely crazy!!!!

We had such a fun evening - the kids are already talking about going next year.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

WOW! What a fun day! That would be so great to not have to wait in line! How FUN!

tamster17 said...

I bet your kids just had so much fun! It is nice when a company treats it's employees and their families well! Rob works for a company called Marketstar and they do a Lagoon day and an annual Halloween bash for the employees and all their familes to say thanks! It's great to feel appreciated and given a fun day once in awhile for all the hard work they do!

Patty said...

It doesn't look as if Magic Mountain has anything better than Lagoon these days except for the long lines.
I am really amazed that you children went on Free Fall. It is on my "DO NOT ASK" list.
That is great Johnathan that you were able to go on so many rides.
I didn't recognize the name of any ride except for the train. I guess we do need to go back.
i remember how much fun we use to have there when you children were young.