Thursday, September 11, 2008

Clean-up

Bradley has started acting so grown up lately with his thinking and how he copies most everything we do. The other day he brought me into the kitchen and pointed to the cups - which interprets "Can I please have a drink of water." I quickly got him a 1/4 cup glass of water and being busy with something else quickly leave the kitchen. A little later I see Bradley running down the hall with a wet wipe. I though how cute, but didn't think much about it until I walked into the kitchen. He had spilled his water and ran in to get a wet wipe to clean it up. Of course the wet wipe wasn't soaking any of it up, but at least he is learning how to clean up any mess he makes. He was looking so proud of himself as I walked into the kitchen that I had to grab him and give him big hugs and kisses. He made my day!
So I open the fridge this morning to find this in the fridge door. At least he is trying to put it away - at this point I don't even care where it goes - just as long as he is learning the concept.

Now if I can just teach my other kids to clean up after themselves - my days would be so easy :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love it when William tries so hard to clean up his spills.

You got lucky your fridge wasn't colored.

Kids are so fun!!

:) Love, Tiff

Janessa Couch said...

Bradley is so cute and is at such a fun age. That is great that he at least has the concept that he needs to put stuff away and clean up messes. It is a good start.

tamster17 said...

That is way too cute! That's great that he is learning to clean up and put away so young!

Carrrie said...

Too cute! I am quite frustrated with what I call Aiden's version of organizing the house. I find toys in the fridge, inside pots and pans, in with the tupperware. I have even found that he takes things from my bathroom drawer and moves them into his bathroom drawer, and somehow I never see him do this! :) Bradley is a cutie, and I can totally picture his grin as you walked in on his attempt to clean up his spill.

France said...

That picture of the colored pencil box in the fridge cracked me up. Jackson likes to put his cars in the fridge so they can "cool off" as he puts it. You guys have such cute kids. Lashelle

Patty said...

He is so much fun. Hopefully he will hold onto his clean-up phase for along time.

Sharon Beck said...

I loved hearing about Bradley. What a character he is. You have a great attitude and were smart to praise him doing good.