Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hawaii Day 6

December 13, 2011 - Tuesday – We enjoyed sleeping in and then heading out to find a place for breakfast. We chose a restaurant close by that served breakfast. What amazing food! I ordered French toast that was really good. Byron was also very happy with his food.

We went back to pack up everything. Byron is such a great packer – he knows how to make the most of the space we have and it always seems to fit. I can’t believe how much he was able to shove into each of our suitcases.

We ended up leaving our hotel on a discount shuttle to the airport. It took about 20 minutes and was so enjoyable compared to our taxi ride and also it was half the price.

Byron’s favorite part of our trip was snorkeling, PCC, and shopping/bargaining. I loved the PCC also, not having to cook and eating some amazing food, warm temperatures all day long, seeing the turtles both at the beach and also while snorkeling. I loved the break from the day to day stuff – especially cleaning and cooking. It was also wonderful to have one on one time with Byron for 6 days straight. The weather was absolutely gorgeous – I could definitely get used to living there if the opportunity ever presented itself.

Our flights home went pretty well except for coming into the San Francisco airport with 15 minutes until our next flight left for home – we practically ran for 10 minutes straight to finally get to our gate. Then the plan sat for about 45 minutes, so we ended up getting home around 12:30 a.m. (half hour later than planned). We were welcomed with extremely cold conditions and a truck that couldn’t warm up quick enough. Since we hadn’t really had any dinner since our flight from Hawaii didn’t offer food free and we didn’t have time at the San Francisco airport, we luckily found Del Taco open around 1:15 a.m.

We got home to everyone asleep and a very clean house – no doubt Mom Beck played a huge role in that. I also had 6 beautiful hand made cards adorning my bed wishing me Happy Birthday. What an awesome adventure – loved every moment of it, but ready to be home to my 6 children. Thanks to an amazing mom for being so willing to watch the kids. No doubt it was tiresome, stressful, exhausting, along with fulfilling, fun, and enjoyable. Love her for allowing Byron & I to experience this together.
We saw a lot of these all over Hawaii - they are practically on every corner either inside a hotel or by themselves.  We spent way too much money inside of them:).
My cute kiddos made these - what a fun surprise upon entering my bedroom!  It was fun to be home on my birthday - not really celebrating at all, but enjoying time with my family. 
This bag was full of stuff from our trip- the kids were very patient to wait until that evening to see what we brought back for them.
 Bradley, Carter, Parker & Johnathan
 Tanner & Camille
 Yummy food - we couldn't leave Hawaii without the macadamia nuts and chocolate covered ones.

 Backpack for Bradley
 We got the kids these cool necklaces - they all loved them.
They also all got shirts, boys got Hawaiian hats, Camille flower for hair, dress, and scripture bag. 
This flat tire is what we came home to - luckily our insurance will send out a guy to fix it.  That truly made my day:).  To make the day even more interesting, Byron & I headed up to Salt Lake City to do something with our duplexes that night.  We were driving along in the truck when all of a sudden we could hear a strange noise.  Luckily Byron was observant enough to realize it was air leaving our tire.  We pulled over into a parking lot (about 9:00 p.m.).  The air was coming out pretty fast - their was a nice metal piece stuck into it.  Byron took it out and within a minute the tire was completely flat - Just what we needed to deal with - I guess 1 tire in a day wasn't enough:).  Byron was awesome at putting on the spare.  I realized at that moment that if this had happened without Byron around I pretty much would be in trouble.  I need to learn how to do this on my own.  So it ended up being a rather interesting day after coming back - and Happy Birthday to me.

No comments: