Monday, October 10, 2011

Mother's Day

I love Mother's Day!  I love all of the sweet cards I receive from my children - they make my day!  These cool coupons were on the outside of Carter & Parker's presents to me.  I loved how they both ripped off the coupon for "foot rub" since they thought that was sick & gross.  I also got a really cool card from both of them on what they thought about me.  What an eye opener this was on how they perceive me!  Some of my favorite was the year I was born - Parker wrote 1989 and Carter was right on.  I also loved how they said my favorite food was salad.  I guess I need to stop eating so much of it- salad really isn't my favorite food, but perhaps I eat it so much they think so.  Carter said of all the cartoon characters, I am most like buzz lightyear - what?  Pretty funny!  They melted my heart.



This card was from Johnathan.

For church, the Junior Primary had their primary program.  How fun to watch Bradley during his first program.  He wrote his own part which said, "I love my mom because she is all great."  He did an awesome job at saying it and wasn't even nervous.  The songs melted my heart and were all perfect also.  What a wonderful way to celebrate mothers by having a program given by the Junior Primary all about them!
We went up to Eric & Melissa's place for dinner to celebrate Mother's Day.  Mom Beck is such an amazing person!  What a wonderful mother-in-law I am blessed to have in my life.  We are so lucky to live close to at least one set of parents to see them often.  I grew up not ever living close to any of my grandparents and I really believe I would have known them so much more had we lived by them.  I am anxious to have my own parents move up here in a couple of years so my children can get to know them as well as my in-laws.  I love my mom so much and feel so blessed to be her daughter.  She is one of the most unselfish, giving, service oriented person I know.  How blessed I feel to have both of these amazing women in my life for both myself and for my children.

 Some fun family pictures with the Grandparents (Parker -in blue, Carter - in black).
 Some fun pictures taken that day of Bradley.
That evening we had fun pulling out the new chocolate fountain I got.  I think the kids had more fun with it than I did :).  They were in complete heaven and their dirty faces and smiles tells it all.

I also couldn't talk about mother's day without expressing how lucky I am to have 6 children to call me mother.  I have certainly learned amazing lessons from each of these children.  They continually are teaching me patience, love, forgiveness, and many more things than I ever dreamed being a mom would teach me.  I love them all and wouldn't trade my life for anything.

2 comments:

Genevieve Beck said...

So glad to have such a great updates! We love to catch up with your family and see how much fun your kids are having with everything they're involved with. What a great group!

Tricia said...

Thanks Genevieve - I really do not plan on giving up on this blog - this is my only history so slowly, but surely I will get it updated:)