Thursday, October 6, 2011

May odds and ends

On May 6th, Camille had her Drama II, Evening of Shakespeare.  She had been working on plays the past couple of months and performed.  I wasn't really sure what to expect since I am not really a Shakespeare fan.  I really did enjoy seeing it, even though some parts were hard to follow.  She was in "Much Ado About Nothing" as Ursula and "A Midsummer Night's Dream" as Snout.  I had never seen Camille have many speaking parts in plays since she has mostly been in musicals.  I loved seeing her in a different element.  She did a great job.  At one point in "A Midsummer Night's Dream" she came out as "the wall" in a pretty awesome costume.  I got a good laugh out of her.  She did awesome!
My beautiful actress!
This particular night I couldn't find Bradley anywhere.  After much searching, I found him in his bed fast asleep.  I suppose he was tired and just decided to head to bed.  Since this is not his normal character at all, it actually made me laugh.  What a cutie!
Cadan came over to play and I had to snap a picture of these two.  They make me laugh how well they play together.  I can seriously get so much done when they are together because they just entertain themselves for hours. 
Tanner had his first of many 10 mile hikes for his hiking merit badge.  He looked worn out after returning home, but in good spirits.  Tanner of all my children, is in really good shape physically.  He loves hiking and doing anything outdoors.  Scouts is just in his element and he absolutely LOVES it.  We need to get ourselves in better shape so we can go on more hikes as a family. 
Johnathan participated in "Rad Kids" while in school this year.  He learns great self defense moves and how to react in different situations.  For his graduation, each of the kids dress up in gear.  They went through a few scenarios and had to hit or kick to get out of them.  One part is where somebody comes up and tries to grab him.  Johnathan did great at hitting and kicking to get away and ran for help.  He enjoyed being in this program and learned so much.
Hope of America is also a huge program that Johnathan participated in this year.  Every 5th grader participates and this year Johnathan was able to be in it.  The songs are learned through the school year and performed with actions.  He did an awesome job!  Hope of America was performed on May 4th at the Marriott Center in Provo.  He was lucky enough to be performing the same night as Cameron Beck, his cousin.  It was fun sitting by Jeff, Emily & family that night.  Johnathan was wearing white in the middle section.  He sat about 3 rows of white up on the left of the section.  He sat by his friends, Jackson Eastmond, and had a great time.  Before the performance started, him and his friends were dancing to the music - I got some great videos of them being silly from very far away (how nice to have a video camera that zooms really close). 


This isn't the best picture, but the only one I have of us watching the performance. 
 Bradley, Johnathan, Carter & Parker after the performance.  Doesn't Johnathan look cool :).
For Mom Beck's birthday, Bradley & I took her out to Applebees.  She met us there after her session at the Temple.  It was great to visit and enjoy lunch together.  Bradley wasn't very good for as long as we wanted to talk, so it was cut short, unfortunately.  Maybe next year I can play it while Bradley is in preschool:). 


Camille was in an early morning ballroom practice for about 3 months.  She took it last year and loved it so much wanted to try it again.  She enjoyed learning some fun dance moves.  On May 14th, their was a ballroom competition in Orem.  Camille was paired up with an 8th grader.  They did a great job and ended up getting a bronze level award.  I loved seeing them dance together.  I unfortunately left my camera in the van.  Luckily Becki Wilcox took this picture of the group.

No comments: