Sunday, March 7, 2010

Valentine's Day

I had an early Valentine's present come when I heard a knock on the door about 4 days before Valentine's Day. I was surprised to be greeted with a long box and the Fed-X worker told me "Happy Valentine's Day." I quickly found out that there were 3 dozen beautiful red roses sent from my wonderful husband. They quickly got cut and put onto my table - they were gorgeous and the perfect touch!

A funny story about the roses - I was telling my sister-in-law that Byron gave me 2 dozen roses (I just assumed there were 24 since there were more than I wanted to count and I just couldn't imagine getting more than that). Byron happened to be listening when he corrected me that there were actually 3 dozen - I felt awful!!! What a sweet husband I have!

Upon seeing the roses after Carter came home from school, he said, "Mom that is so romantic!" I got a good laugh out of him because "romantic" isn't even a word that he ever uses and it almost seemed like I had a little grown-up on my hands. I quickly told him that his dad is indeed.
I love you so much Byron!
Since Valentine's fell on a Sunday this year, we had quite a few days of celebrating it. The kids started out by having their fun Valentine's parties at school on the 12th. I was able to help out with Carter & Parker's party. The kids rotated to different stations and I was in charge of on eof them. We played a game with the conversation hearts to see who could build the biggest tower in a certain amount of time. Then I also had string licorice that they had to put the end into their mouth and see who could eat it the quickest with their hands behind their back. This game was really fun to watch and a hit with the kids. I absolutely loved being in their classroom and feeling just a little of what goes on when I am home during the day. Mrs. Skillicorn - their teacher - is so awesome in the classroom setting and it was also fun to see some of the kids that Carter & Parker talk about. The whole class sang a really cute Valentine's song before the mothers left. It melted my heart! (found at the bottom of the post)
Parker painting his salt dough magnet.
Parker & Carter at a center.
Here they are at my center - look how funny they look - love these two!!!
I love seeing the kid's excitement when they come through the door with their Valentine's boxes. They can hardly wait to dump them out and check out everything they got.
Parker
Carter
Johnathan with the cool bus valentine's box he made at home.
Tanner

On the 13th, Grandpa & Grandma Beck came over with Valentine's for all of the children. They are always so well thought out and so cute.
A part of Valentine's day is to tell those around me how much I love them. How could these precious children not be loved? (Bradley & Parker)On the 14th - I made the kids heart shaped pancakes with pink syrup. I thought they turned out pretty good, but there are those children that were a little leery of food being dyed a different color.
Carter's breakfast and the rest of the children below.
The day wouldn't be complete without heading up to Grandpa & Grandma's house. Eric & Melissa were also up there. We had fun playing games and visiting with each other.

Here is the cute video Carter & Parker sang to the mothers in his class. Parker is sitting at his desk and Carter is standing on the left.

1 comment:

Sharon Beck said...

I loved hearing all about your Valentine's celebrations. You got some good pictures~ I loved hearing Carter and Parker sing the song their class sang to their mothers. I'd never heard that song before--fun! And they knew every word!