Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Bradley's Mickey Mouse Party

Bradley has some fascination with Mickey Mouse. He will only watch "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" and recently was introduced to Disneyland by Byron. Now Bradley can't quit talking about when we go to Disneyland in the fall. So I decided to have a "Mickey Mouse" Party for him. I found a really cute Mickey Mouse cake online that I tried to copy and Camille made some awesome "Mickey Mouse" ears out of balloons for each of the children to wear. We also played a little getting to know Bradley game.

The hardest part about making the cake was getting the black frosting. I kept adding more and more dye to the frosting until it became as dark as I wanted. My hands turned a dark purple from all of the dye and the cute mouths after eating the cake also turned purple.

We had a great time and Bradley got some pretty awesome gifts. Thanks for all the family who came to help make this day so special for Bradley.
Bradley's cool cake.

Camille making the Mickey Mouse ears balloons for the cousins.
Getting sang to and blowing out the candles.
The cousins all enjoying their cake and ice-cream.

1 comment:

Janessa Couch said...

What a fun Birthday cake! You are so talented and such a fun Mom. I love the Balloon hat idea. I should hire Camille for our next Birthday Party.