Thursday, March 4, 2010

Myles & Rose

Sweet little baby Eliza Ashby was born on January 29th. We were able to see her as a family on January 31st. She is such a little doll and the kid's couldn't keep their hands off of her. They all enjoyed taking a turn - especially Camille. Myles & Rose loved seeing us and had fun sitting by Camille & I while on the couch.

Carter
Camille
The whole family - Dallin, Allyson, Myles, Eliza & Rose.

Allyson wasn't going to be getting any help until my mom came down the following weekend. I wanted to help her, so I took Myles & Rose for 3 days. Monday, Bradley & I came up to take them to our house. Myles and Rose loved being at my house at first. Bradley loved having somebody to play with every hour of the day.

It seemed like every time we ate, Myles asked for a corndog. I'm not sure if he doesn't get them very often or he really just likes them. He definitely ate his share of corndogs!

We didn't do much outside since it was still pretty cold and wet outside. We did take a library excursion one day to go to story time. After sitting for 20 minutes, the kids were done. Then we headed to Del Taco to eat lunch. I was excited for them to enjoy playing in the inside play area. I didn't realize that our trip would soon turn into a huge nightmare. The play area has 4 platform that have to be climbed for the kids to get up into the play area. You have to be pretty tall to get up each of these steps. Myles could do it no problem, but Rose & Bradley were too short to be able to do it alone. Myles was kind enough to help Bradley & Rose to get up. It took about 10 minutes for this process and a lot of coaxing from me. After they were all 3 up I felt relief that they finally could play up above. Myles soon comes down the slide a long with Bradley. After a few minutes I could hear crying up above from Rose. She was scared to go down the slide. I then sent Myles back up to try to persuade Rose to go down the slide. After another 20 minutes (or at least what seemed like 20 minutes), Myles was able to get Rose to go to the platform area. She was really scared to climb down, though, since it was practically her height if she jumped down. I quickly squished my body into the play area to go up the 3 platforms to help carry Rose down. We were finally down enjoying our lunch when Rose & Bradley wanted to go up again. I was sad to tell them that we weren't trying that when there was a little meltdown from Bradley. Then we had water spill all over the floor. I was anxious at that point to head home to get these 3 to take naps. So what I had intended as a very relaxing afternoon turned quite crazy and nothing close to relaxing. I decided that this was my last excursion with the 3 children. Home was a better option:).

I took them home Wednesday around 11 a.m. They really were fun to have around and helped remind me how much free-time I truly have with only Bradley at home during the days. I gained a new appreciation for Allyson and what she endures all day long. How quickly we seem to forget!!!
Myles, Bradley & Rose eating corndogs.
Rose & Myles at Del Taco.
Bradley at Del Taco.
Rose at Del Taco.

1 comment:

Janessa Couch said...

You were so sweet to do that for her. I know that it was very appreciated. That is funny about the corn dogs. I hate play structures when the kids are that age because I always had to climb up there to get one down. Good thing you fit.