Thursday, March 18, 2010

Camille's play - Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat

Camille had the amazing opportunity to be one of the 3 narrators for the play, "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat." She started practices back in December and performed during the middle of February (18th, 19th & 20th). There were actually not very many hours worth of practices. I was glad that she was home every evening after 5 p.m. Camille looked forward to practices every day and was sad when she didn't have it. She also made some amazing friends in the process.

The costumes, set and acting was amazing! We were in charge of getting 2 of Camille's shirt for the play sewn. After stressing about it for about 1 week, I decided I just needed to pay somebody who knew what they were doing to sew it for me. I am so glad I did - the material was really a hard one to sew with and there were some alterations that needed to be made with the pattern. One day I hope to learn how to sew, but until then I guess I am so grateful for those willing to do it for pay. Miss Boren, the director, did such a fabulous job on the set. I was very impressed with how well it turned out - I felt like we were in Egypt.

Being a parent, there are some times when it truly pays off. Watching Camille perform was one of those times. I was so proud of her and all the hard work that went into it. She has such an amazing voice and is just born to perform! She also has such great expressions that truly bring her into that character. I wish we were able to record her performing, but due to copyright laws pictures are all I have. I did record 2 of her songs and posted it back a few posts ago if you are interested in watching her sing.

Camille has a pretty big part in the play and shared lines with the other 2 narrators. Each narrator, however, has one song that they sang all by themselves. Camille was fortunate to get "Pharaoh's Story." She did such an amazing job! I honestly got chills when she sang this song.

So here goes some awesome pictures that luckily some very talented people were willing to take with their cameras. Sorry they are out of order.
Camille is in the back singing with the other 2 narrators - this is towards the end of the play.
Camille is front and center.
This is at the beginning of the play where the 3 narrators are telling the Joseph story.
This is a cast picture that was taken sometime during practices. She is up front.
Camille and one of her many expressions - love this picture!
Camille with Parker Skousen - he played Joseph and did such an amazing job.
Camille's good friend, Jaedee Slaugh, was Potiphar's wife and also an Egyptian dancer.
The ending of Camille's solo, "Pharaoh's Story."
Another part of Camille's solo.
Camille was the very first person to sing for the play. The lights were out then all of a sudden the spotlight shined onto Camille as she sang the first few lines of the song.
Camille dancing across the stage with the other 2 narrators.
Another one of my favorite shots - Camille with her cool expressions.
Camille, Haley & Kimmy
At the end as they were taking their bows.
Another picture from Camille's song, "Pharaoh's Story."

What awesome support we had from family and friends!!! Opening night, I had Pack Meeting, so Byron went with his parents and Melissa. They were on the front row - lucky guys!

The Friday night performance, I took all of the kids minus Bradley to see it. Byron wasn't able to come with us since he was on an overnighter with the scouts. I loved watching my children being thoroughly enthralled with the play. They loved it! (Tanner, Camille, Tricia, Carter, Johnathan & Parker)

For the Saturday performance, Byron & I took Bradley. I was really worried he wouldn't sit still during the play or would yell out Camille's name. He did awesome, however, and loved watching Camille on stage. The only time he would talk was when Camille would leave the stage and Bradley wanted to know where she was at.
This picture must have been taken from one of the kids in the play - so fun to see backstage all of the fun friendships being created.
Another picture with Camille backstage.
This picture was taken after the play ended back in the drama room. So candid and fun to see.
Each person in the play had a certain job they were responsible for each night. Camille was sweeping the stage for her job. She wasn't very happy I was taking her picture, but I couldn't resist.
Camille with the director, Miss Boren - What a talented person! She does such an amazing job with these kids and spent endless hours making sure this play was top notch. How lucky Camille is to have such a great role model.

After the play was over, I loved hearing different people comment at how awesome Camille did. About 2 weeks after the play, I was at the school with Camille for Parent Teacher Conferences. It was fun to hear some parents in the hall commenting on how great she did or some of her teachers saying they didn't know Camille could sing and were so impressed with her.

2 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

I wish I could have gone!!! I absolutely love that play and to have my niece be the lead would be amazing to see. She will have to do a snippet when we are there!

chapples8 said...

Would have loved to have been there to see it. It's one of my favorite musical plays--way to go Camille!