Monday, March 23, 2009

Eye Problems

I have worn contact glasses for 14 years and never really had any problems until last Friday. After putting in my contacts, I realized that my right eye's contact must have gone up into my eyelid. I couldn't find it, so I tried and tried without any luck to pull it down. Every few hours I tried again and still no contact. I could feel something in my eye, but just couldn't grab it. About this time I began getting pretty discouraged and stressed. I decided to go and have my eye doctor see what he could do. After looking for a while, he decided that it must have fallen out without me knowing it. He gave me eye drops for the irritation/redness, which was a result of me trying to get the contact out.

The white around my eye turned a bright red and was very sore for 3 days. I had blurry vision most of the time and a constant goop that would come out. I woke up with very puffy eyes and just had a hard time seeing clearly.

What a nightmare!!! I literally thought the eye problem wouldn't end until I woke up this morning. My eye finally feels like it is getting back to normal. I am not sure if I still have a contact in my eye or not, but at least I am not feeling the constant pain.

I have realized through this whole thing that I take my eyes for granted. What a HUGE blessing it is to see 20/20!!! I have realized how greatly I am blessed and feel so lucky for all that I have.

I still haven't decided if I will wear contacts again - not an episode I want to ever relive!

3 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

DId you fall asleep with them in your eyes? How frustrating! The other day I had something in my eye that I could not get out and once I finally did I was amazed to find a hair that was at least 2 inches long. How did that happen????? Hopefully your eye will get better soon.

Stephanie Johnson said...

Ugh...that's no fun! I've worn contacts for about 16 years and have problems off and on. But there's a great prescription eye drop called Patanol Drops that helps me so much (you put them in when your contacts aren't in your eyes). I hope you are able to use contacts again soon.

Michelle said...

Yikes! That does not sound fun.