Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dr. Gordon

I just found out today that my OB/GYN for 11 years passed away right before Thanksgiving. I suppose it might be silly to say that this is affecting me, but it is. I loved having him for a doctor. After having 6 pregnancies, it is just nice to have someone who understands what you are going through and knows your pregnancy history.

Dr. Gordon had 8 children of his own, so he was all about large families. When I came in for my first visit after being pregnant with Bradley, he never said anything to make me feel uncomfortable at all about having my 6th child. He was actually quite the opposite - very supportive.

Dr. Gordon was so good with my children. Every time I went I had at least one child with me. He was always so good to play games with them and make them feel special. When I told Carter & Parker that I just found out he passed away, Carter said, "Mom, he was the funny doctor." He would always get his tape measure, pull it out to about 2 feet long and have one of the children blow on it. As soon as they did, he let go and it flew back inside - the kids LOVED this!

I will miss having him as a doctor and am not looking forward to having to get another one. What a huge impact he made in my life.

3 comments:

Patty said...

I felt the same way when Dr. Sumsion from Bountiful died. He was my Dr. for three of you and he went through some really tough times with us. You can really get attached.

Janessa Couch said...

I have loved botb of my OB's and know what you mean. When I was pregnant with Hailey and I was 36 weeks along my insurance changed and I needed a different OB. I HATED this. A different Dr. who I have no idea his name delivered her. It is nice when you find a Dr. that you grow to love. I know that you don't want to drive all of the way to Murray, but I loved Dr. Quinn when I lived there, he was an amazing Dr.! Now my OB is a Stake President, not mine, so I love him also.

Sharon Beck said...

The OB I had also died, and I have yet to find a doctor that I like as much as him. Good luck in finding a good one. There are lots of good ones out there, but Dr. VanWagoner was the BEST!