Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Camille - Pirates of Penzance

Camille is currently involved in the play, "Pirates of Penzance." She is so excited when she tried out and made the part of a "maiden." She is "Maiden #1" and has quite the parts. The play will be at the Lehi Junior High on Feb. 19, 20 & 21st. There will be four performances - each night at 7:00 p.m. and an additional matinee on the 21st. at 2:00 p.m. Tickets are $5.00 for adults and $4.00 for students/children (4 years old and under are free).
Camille is in the top middle and below in the front and center.
Mrs. Boren, Camille's director, has a website where she has posted some pictures from the play. You will find the same pictures I posted above and some more of the other kids.

http://melboren.blogspot.com/2009/01/our-costumes-are-done-for-pirates-and.html

Camille would love to have you all come and see her perform. She makes one cute maiden!

12 comments:

Sharon Beck said...

Camille is one cute maiden and we look forward to seeing the play. John and I will have to talk about when we can come see it. I'd like to see it twice also. We'll see. Thanks for sharing a preview of pictures. The dress is sure a pretty one and looks like it is fun to wear.

Sharon Beck said...

Thanks for giving us Camille's drama teacher's blog. I enjoyed seeing pictures of Camille at play practise.

Michelle said...

Wow! I am totally impressed that they are doing that musical--it's an operetta, really. The singing is pretty hard, isn't it?
I wish so much I could come.
Camille is an adorable maiden. Hope to see video clips, too! :)

Leah said...

She looks SO pretty!

Janessa Couch said...

How adorable! Everyone looks like they have red hair in the picture, do they? I would love to see the play with you guys but seeing that we are 800 miles away....Maybe next time.

Anonymous said...

I love that movie. Camille looks so gorgeous. I love that they have drama classes still. It was my favorite class in High school:)
Congrats Camille...enjoy!!

Tricia said...

Yes - the singing is pretty operetic (is that a word?) I am very interested myself to watch it since the music is a little different than other musicals I have heard.

There are maybe 3 girls with red hair - I think it was the lighting that creates that look in the pictures.

Carrrie said...

So much fun! Camille looks so cute in her costume. :) Good Luck Camille! If we lived closer we would totally come...it's one of my favorite musicals...and Riley actually likes the music as well!

Patty said...

Wow! You look beautiful Camille! It looks like it will be a really fun play. You are having so many outstanding opportunities.
I wish we could be there to see you perform. We wish you the best.

Patty said...

That really looks like a fun class. I love the picture of Camille in the front with that great expression. She can really sell it.

tamster17 said...

How fun for Camille to be a part of this play! I can't believe how big she is getting! Crazy! I want to come try and see it with my daughter Kayla for a mommy daughter date! Hopefully we can! :-)

tamster17 said...

By the way, I love your family pic at the top of your page! It's really nice!