Sunday, November 9, 2008

SNOW

Wednesday we woke up to about 6 inches of snow. I was so surprised opening the blinds after waking up. The kids were SO EXCITED! They were really sad that they had to go to school and worried that the snow would be melted when they got home. I took the kids to school that morning and was amazed at how long it took us. The roads were bad. I was glad to finally arrive back home. Carter & Parker were so excited to go outside and shovel the walks - who could complain about that:). They did such a great job. I enjoyed watching them from the window. They were out shoveling for about 45 minutes. Bradley had to enjoy from the window also, since I wasn't about ready to let him go out alone. Luckily he was content and didn't complain.

Parker being such an awesome helper!
Carter doing such a great job at clearing the walks.
Our beautiful fall trees in our front yard.
Our front yard. Such a depressing sight especially when driving in it. Luckily I was able to come home from driving kids to school and was able to actually stay home and enjoy the beautiful weather from indoors.
Tanner & Johnathan didn't waste any time after arriving home from school to play in the snow. They were both making forts in our backyard.The snow has dissappeared and the cold weather has set in. I suppose it has been such a nice couple of weeks that I really need to be thankful for our nice long summer.
Here's to many more cold mornings, hot chocolate, cuddling in blankets, shoveling walks, and sledding:).

1 comment:

Janessa Couch said...

I am so glad that your kids get to enjoy that, and not mine. :) What great helpers you have. I am amazed that Bradley just sat in front of that window and did not complain.