Monday, November 3, 2008

Skeet Shooting

Byron set up a fun morning on Saturday to go with the adults in his family shooting. He recently purchased a new gun and wanted to try it out. We had a pretty good turn out: Byron, Melissa, Jeff, Michael, Eric, Dad Beck, and I. We went out to some BLM land on the other side of Utah Lake. The weather could not have been any more gorgeous - in the 70's. This was my first attempt at shooting and it definitely didn't go as planned. I think I need to start out with targets that are not moving:). We were shooting at clay pigeons and had fun aiming at each one. I think everyone hit a few except for me. I was enjoying just being amongst family and being the designated picture taker :). I loved seeing Byron so passionate and excited about something. He is already planning another outing with his family.
Above Dad Beck, Michael and Eric (working the clay pigeon thrower). Below Byron & I are attempting to shoot the clay pigeon. With the poise alone you can probably tell that I am definitely not very experienced in this field:).
Byron, Dad Beck, Jeff & Eric.
Below are 3 videos of us shooting. The pictures are pretty boring, so hopefully you can see how fun it really was by the videos.


5 comments:

Carrrie said...

I had no idea Byron was into shooting. Looks like everyone had a good time. :)

Janessa Couch said...

I am very impressed Tricia! How fun. I love how you almost get knocked down every time you pull the trigger. What a fun family activity. Mitchell would absolutely love to do that, and I would even give it a try.

Michelle said...

Mark and his brother-in-law took me and Mom out shooting this past summer, and I was amazed at how fun it was! Totally therapeutic.
Looks like ya'll had a blast. :)

Maria said...

Both Mosers & McCleves love going skeet shooting. It is a fun activity!

Patty said...

Looks like a great family activity. I bet Tricia you will get the hang of it after a few more tries. Do you have a bruised shoulder?
That is great that so many were able to go.