Thursday, November 20, 2008

Couple Night Out!!!

Last night Byron & I were able to get away and enjoy a fun and entertaining night together. It started out by heading to one of my favorite places to eat - Chili's. I LOVE their bottomless chips and salsa. I ordered their new crispy chicken tacos and Byron had the fajitas. The food was delicious and I'm afraid we got more than enough of our fill. Following dinner we headed over to the E-Center to see Carrie Underwood in concert. We purchased her tickets so many months ago and have been looking forward to this day. Camille was so jealous that we were going without her. She was such a great help to watch the kids while we went, though.

Byron & I have watched Carrie since she was on American Idol - rooting for her the whole way. Carrie is such a beautiful, energetic girl. "Little Big Town" opened and were great, but when it was time for Carrie to come on stage the crowd came to life. The lighting, sound effects, and stage were just perfect. She had 3 clothes changes throughout the concert, which added to the surprise. Byron & I thoroughly were enjoying ourselves. She was as amazing as I had imagined. The crowd was on its feet through a lot of the songs. I loved when she would talk between songs giving us a little taste of her thoughts and where the songs came from. She sang for about 1 1/2 hours. For her closing song, "Before He Cheats," confetti was being blown all over the auditorium. She definitely went out with a big bang.

Byron & I would love to see her maybe in 5 years to see how much she as changed through the years. It is hard to believe that just on May 25, 2005 she auditioned for American Idol not realizing at all what huge things would be awaiting her.
Below are a few videos - our camera won't let us zoom very close, so most of the videos are from one of the large screens next to us.

4 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

HOW FUN! That is a great couple night out. It is about time that Mitchell and I have a couple night out. All of our Chili's have closed around here. Hopefully that will not happen around there. It sounds like an amazing night!

Mandy said...

What a fun concert to get to see! I love the song she sings at the end of "Enchanted"--"Ever after" I think it's called. I'm glad you took time for just the two of you and for a very well-deserved break for you, Tricia.

Leah said...

What a fun date night!

Cara said...

I am jealous....of Chili's and Carrie Underwood!!! What a fun night.