Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Snow and Family Gift Exchange

We got quite a bit of snow right around Christmas. Bradley above having fun playing in it.   I got such a kick out of Tanner - he was out shoveling in shorts.  I think he has my California blood in him:). 
This year for our family gift exchange, Byron decided that each person would pay out of their own money for their gift.  In the past Byron and I have paid for them.  I couldn't believe how much more they seemed to mean as the kids thought out so much more about what they were going to buy.  Byron went with half of the kids shopping while I went with the other half.  I took Bradley, Camille and Johnathan to Hobby Lobby.  Johnathan was so cute.  He had the perfect gift planned for Carter, but it was too much money. He ended up going through the line two separate times using the 40% off coupon so he could get it down to a price he could afford (under $10).  The kids were all so cute as they wrapped them and put them under the tree with great anticipation for Christmas Eve.  We all opened them up and it was so cool to see how excited both the giver and receiver were.  It was pretty much priceless! 

Bradley got some bobble head pets that he could paint from Parker.  Byron gave Parker a mini soccer ball.  Johnathan gave Carter a "How to Draw Mickey Mouse" book along with a sketch pad.  Carter gave Johnathan a "Paint your own animals" and some gum.  Camille made Tanner a hat with some bright yellow yarn - the same color he has a jacket.  She put three balls on the top to match Tanner's fun personality.  He was so excited.  Tanner gave me a small ladle.  I got Camille some earrings.  Bradley gave Byron a flashlight.  It was a pretty fun night.










No comments: