Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Seven Peaks - Ice Skating

The kids have been talking about going ice skating for quite a while, especially Camille.  We decided to finally go on Christmas Eve.  We arrived at the arena and it was pretty packed - too bad everybody else also had the same idea as us :).  It still was really fun.  Byron chose to sit this activity out, but was our photography instead.  None of us really feel comfortable on the skates except for Camille who has been quite a few times.  She was doing laps around the rest of us.  All of the kids caught on really quickly.  I realized after skating for about half of the time that the key is tightening your shoelaces so tight you think your feet are going to fall off.  I was hurting my ankles and was about to call it quits when I retied my shoes and realized the trick.  I was so much more happy the rest of the time when I didn't keep having my knees and ankles buckle and almost break something.  Bradley was being taught by Camille most of the time and was getting really good at letting go of the sides for about 5 seconds at a time.  After about 3 hours we decided to call it quits.  Some of the kids were sad to leave.  Bradley has been talking ever since we went about going again.  We all had a great time.
 Parker kept on falling, but kept a smile on his face while he got back up.
 Parker, Tanner, Camille, Bradley, Johnathan, Byron, and Carter drinking hot chocolate.

I wasn't sure where to put this picture.  Cute Bradley tried on his cooking stuff that he had gotten the previous night and was so excited to make something.  Camille helped him cook and he was one very happy boy.

No comments: