Thursday, October 18, 2012

Playing catch up

As I have gotten photos off phones, I realize that there are some great pictures I have totally skipped and want to add to my blog.  I am trying to organize myself better and in the process have come across a post it note of two funny things Bradley said last year that I can't forget.
On November 17, 2011 we had this conversation while Bradley was eating pudding.
Bradley - Mom do you want some?
Mom - No thanks
Bradley - Your fasting, I mean your starving?
On December 15, 2011 Bradley said - "Mom, How do you get up to heaven- in a rocket ship or do you drive?"  Such pure innocence.  Love this age!
Feb. 17, 2012 -  Eating at Wendy's with the kids - never know what fun adventures I will have with 6 children.
Bradley, Tanner, Camille, Parker, Carter & Johnathan
 Tanner & Bradley on Feb. 24th - Tanner's Birthday - eating during lunch at Panda. 
Camille got her drivers permit on Feb. 23rd - she was so excited after taking the written test twice to pass.  She did not take Drivers Ed yet, so her first experience with driving was in a church parking lot with me in the passengers seat.  I think I about had a heart attack - not because she is a bad driver, but because I cannot handle stress like that- having no control isn't easy for me:)  She did pretty good for a first time.  After that I told Byron it was his turn next.  He had Camille sit downstairs on the couch and went through the process of driving by acting it out.  It was pretty hilarious and fun to watch, but Camille was not amused.  She wanted to be behind the wheel and couldn't see how simulating the driving experience could help.  He did end up taking her out another time in the truck and said she did pretty good.  Since then she has gotten driving down pretty good.  We are just waiting for her to finish her Drivers Ed online then she can take Drivers Training which will definitely help.  I will not take her on the freeway - too terrifying in my book:).  Such a fun milestone to cross, though.  She loves to drive when we run errands and is very cautious, which is good.  I am now waiting for her drivers license so she can help me run errands or carpool children and herself around.  I have so much more compassion on my parents for teaching me how to drive.  I especially remember learning stick and how the car died a few times or how it would jump forward right before it died - fun memories!
Sledding on March 2 - We always look forward to sledding during the winter.  We love Centennial Park and the fun hills there.
 Carter
 Bradley
 Parker
 Johnathan & Tanner
Kids having fun together.
Tanner got braces on March 5th.  He has a darn tooth that is coming in behind his other teeth, so the braces will make room for that tooth to come in the correct spot.  He was really excited to have them put on, but after a couple of days was ready for them to be off. 

3-10-12- How could I forget cute Bradley's birthday dinner with Byron & I.  He wanted to go to Wingers since he loves their wings.  I love going with children individually to restaurants and this year is where we get to do that.  He had so much food between Byron, his, and mine that he got full fast.  Then the dessert came out and he couldn't quit smiling.  This piece of ice-cream was seriously huge.  He ended up bringing some of it home to share with siblings.
March 25 - My over protectiveness wouldn't allow sweet Bradley to sleep outside in a tent when the brothers all did.  Instead we set up the smaller tent inside and Bradley slept there.  Poor kid - hopefully I can over come this soon because he sure hates not being able to be one of the big kids.
March 26 - Bradley & I had our night out going to Chuck E Cheese.  It was fun to see how fast he could go through the tokens:).  He especially loved doing the raceway game - I had to manage the pedals while he moved the steering wheel.

March 2012- Johnathan did a huge project in 6th grade on the Medieval times.  He had to get a certain amount of points by doing different projects.  He was great at doing most of the projects all by himself.  This particular activity involved making a castle.  He used marshmallows and frosting.  It turned out really cool.  He had way too much fun eating this when he was done.
March 29 - Carter's cool solar system that he made out of salt dough.

March 30 - Johnathan loves taking piano lessons and is really good at picking up on piano.  He had his first recital and did a really great job.  He played the Hedwig's Theme from Harry Potter.  This picture is definitely a candid shot of most of Laura Long's students.
Johnathan's favorite part!
We all look forward to General Conference twice a year.  We try as much as possible to watch all the sessions on Saturday and Sunday.  I love how my children have started taking notes or will get excited to do the packets I print out for them.  Camille has taken a huge liking to this time of year and will be one of my best at just sitting there and listening to every talk.  It started out with amazing seminary teachers that required them to take notes during conference and pretty much created a love from that.  We usually watch the sessions on Saturday at home then go up to Grandpa & Grandma Beck's house on Sunday after the first session. 
Parker in blue and Carter in brown taking notes or doing their conference packets.  Bradley has really taken to his packet this year and loves doing it.

Johnathan, Tanner, Bradley & I during Conference.
Sunday enjoying some Grandpa, Grandma, Aunt & Uncle time.  Bop it is one of the kids favorite games to play - especially the pass and play part where they do it then hurry up and pass it to the person next to them.
 Eric, Bradley, Melissa & Parker
Conference time with Grandpa half asleep:).  So fun to watch Sharon and others throw small things at John to see if he will wake up - good times!

 Melissa & Carter
 Poor Eric with two kids pretty much on his lap, but I am pretty sure he loves it.
 We had our annual Easter Egg hunt while we were up there.  Sharon always does such a great job. 

 Bradley, Parker, Johnathan & Carter with their loot.
Melissa just purchased a home and we had fun going over and seeing it.  What a nice backyard that all of the kids couldn't get enough of.  The play set was an instant hit.
I always love the feeling after getting a haircut.  Bradley & I had fun walking to the park.  The weather was getting warmer which allowed more outside time - yeah!

No comments: