Sunday, October 21, 2012

Memorial Day - May 28, 2012

Dad & Mom Beck weren't able to join us for our Memorial Day festivities.  Michael and Genevieve had sweet Spencer Bradley join their family on May 21.  Dad & Mom went down to see them in Arizona.  It was a little weird not having them around, but we still did what we usually do for tradition sake.  We started out at the American Fork cemetery at my Grandpa and Grandma Adamson's grave.  I always love going around to the graves and sharing some quick memories or thoughts about each grave we visit.
Then we head over to Byron Leonard Beck's grave in the same cemetery.  Since we were the first family to arrive, the kids had fun cleaning off the grave stone and making it so pretty.  (Byron, Carter, Johnathan, Tanner, Bradley, Parker & Camille)

In Lehi at Harold and Beck Cooper's grave.  This is a picture with all that were present at the time.
The siblings in front of their grandparents grave.
Cute Parker & Bradley
Sweet Johanna - how our life would have changed if she was still alive.  I know that Camille would have LOVED having a sister 11 months younger than her.  One day I know that we will be able to see this perfect daughter again. 
In front of Troy's grave - I cannot wait to meet my older brother one day also.
Enjoying the free pop at the Bountiful cemetery.
Once we arrived at the Salt Lake Cemetery, Jeff and his family joined us.
A picture of the group minus Alyssa who had run off - Sorry Emily you are hidden way back there.
The cute cousins playing together at the cemetery.
After visiting the graves, we headed over to Melissa & Eric's house for a BBQ and some fun games.
Bradley & Cadan eating their dessert.
Carter & Parker playing on fun play set.
What fun traditions my kids always look forward to.  I don't even remember what we did growing up on Memorial Day since we never lived close to family.  I am so glad that since I have been married we have been lucky to live so close to those family members who have already passed on.  I look forward to this holiday and am sure my children will come away knowing so much more about our descendants.  It is especially fun to visit those graves where one of my children were named after. 

No comments: