Thursday, October 18, 2012

Playing catch up 2

April 15 - Here are some fun pictures taken from my camera from our Orlando Trip.  We had so much fun playing on the air hockey and pool table.  I also got a picture of Tanner standing in front of the cool condo we stayed in for the week.

 April 22 - We had fun going up to the Mount Timpanogos Temple after church and enjoyed walking around the beautiful grounds.  The sun was pretty bright in these pictures - poor kids having to put up with their mom's picture taking:).
Parker, Camille, Johnathan, Tanner, Bradley & Carter
April 25 - Bradley had tried for the past year or so to get where he could ride his bike without training wheels.  Unfortunately each time they were taken off, they got put back on within a couple of weeks.  He had a tendency to lean so far one direction that he couldn't keep going without ending up on the ground.  This particular day, he said that he wanted his training wheels off.  I told him that if I took them off they were not going back on this time.  He told me that he didn't need them to go back on and that he would be fine.  So I took them off.  I stood up out of the garage to put the training wheels onto a shelf and look over at my son going down the driveway.  He totally took off riding his bike within a couple of seconds of having the training wheels off.  I couldn't believe my eyes.  He was so excited!  Within a couple of minutes he was picking up speed and could start all by himself.  What a cute boy!  He was in seventh heaven.  After riding his bike for about 5 minutes, Carter and Parker came home from school and had fun watching him in awe riding his bike also.  We had to send a video to Byron to show off Bradley's new trick.  From that day on, his bike became his new best friend.  You could pretty much guarantee that if Bradley wasn't anywhere to be found in the house, he was outside riding his bike. 
April 28 - Tanner loves anything soccer and seriously is always found at home kicking one around inside or playing outside with one.  He has really enjoyed his first year of Arsenal and got to become very good friends with quite a few on his team.  Chandler Hughes is one of those friends.  He spends so much time with him since soccer.  This particular game, Chandler twisted his ankle on the field.  I loved how Tanner ran to his rescue to help him off the field even though he is a good head shorter.  Now if soccer teaches my children to watch out for one another and help others, then I am all for it.
May 2 - Byron had this picture on his phone on the progress of the new NuSkin building.  It seriously changes every time I go down to Provo and Byron can even see daily changes.  Pretty exciting to have it done.
May 2 - Tanner had a band concert at the High School called "Battle of the Bands."  I unfortunately had a Stake fireside that night with Camille that Hilary Weeks was speaking at (it was fantastic) so I couldn't make it.  Luckily Byron and the boys were able to attend.  Lehi Junior High and Willowcreek Junior High were there - so Cooper also participated in it.  I guess Byron ended up sitting with Jeff, Emily and their kids for the performance.  I heard it was really a fun evening with some cool songs being played.
 Cooper - top row second from left
Tanner top row 3rd from left
On May 4 - Tanner was invited to a Wii or X-Box party by Steve Rindlisbacher.  He has done this party a couple of other times but has won the boys over when he does it.  He had quite a few different screens set up where the boys would compete on a game with others.  Tanner had such a great time.  Tanner is in the red on the left.
Johnathan came home from school to inform me that he had won a bike - not exactly what I had expected him to say.  He was so excited.  I guess Ken Garff has a program at the school where the kids are entered into a drawing that is done every once in a while where you can win bikes and other items.  Johnathan was lucky enough to be the bike winner that day.  We headed on over to Wal-Mart so he could find one.  He had to spend $60 or less but fell in love with one that was around $20.  He opted to just get the more expensive bike and paid the difference.  He was so excited - I loved watching him ride his bike with a permanent smile on his face.

Parker was recognized for a Character Counts/Student of the Month award sometime early this year.  We got a cool postcard in the mail from his teachers - Mrs. Meyring & Mrs. Gunther.  He was chosen for "Being Positive."  The postcard reads, "Parker is enthusiastic about life and all things in it!  He loves to discuss great characters in reading."  So proud of my son!  The school took a picture with all of the kids that were awarded that month, but unfortunately I don't have a copy of it. 

Carter also was recognized for Character County/Student of the Month award.  His postcard read, "Our class did a pirate musical in music class.  Carter knew his parts especially well and put 100% into the music."  Love this cool boy.  The musical was so fun to watch.  Bradley LOVED it.!
May 13 - How could I ever forget getting breakfast in bed on Mother's Day from my sweet children.  It was mainly Johnathan, Carter & Parker that did it.   I totally felt spoiled that morning.  Johnathan's sweet card that he made me.  That evening, we went up to Melissa's place for a BBQ and some fun.  After dinner, the kids found four squares of cement that work perfectly for four square.  They spent about 2 hours playing this game together.  I loved watching.  At one point I looked over and Byron was in one of the little kid chairs.  It was pretty funny to see - Melissa and I couldn't quit laughing.
 Camille, Johnathan, Tanner, Mom Beck, Byron, Eric & Parker

 Bradley & Carter on the play set.

May 19 - Byron took these pictures while having a fire pit.  Love spending time with this group.  Bradley, Camille, Carter, Tanner, Johnathan & Tricia - anytime we are outside - there is usually at least one person playing soccer - here Carter is having some fun shooting.

May 23 - Sometimes Byron brings home quite the finds from the Employee Store.  This time, he found these pajama pants that were massive.  Johnathan had fun trying them on as they practically covered him.
May 25 - The Duplexes become a weekly occurrence starting in April or May and going until about October.  I love it when the kids are all so willing to help and work together to get what needs done quickly.  Cute Bradley is enjoying his new chair as he watches Tanner, Johnathan & Byron work.

 Carter & Parker picking weeds
We had some swamp cooler problems so Byron & Tanner got on the roof at Duplex B.  I love seeing my kids watch Byron fix something.  They love to circle around him and try to soak in anything that they can from what he is doing.  I am so lucky to have such a great fix-it-man around.  He continually impresses me with his know how and how much he can do.  Below we had a sprinkler continually get broken, so we moved it a little bit away from the driveway.

May 29 - These cute kiddos got to come and hang out with Bradley and I during the day.  Eli and Taylee are always so fun to watch - they are perfectly behaved children and Bradley loves playing with them both. 
This is what I found in the evening after the candy cannon that Kathy Urry had.  Candy wrappers all over.  It is amazing these children didn't throw up with all they ingested:).

No comments: