Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Tanner - the big "12"

I can't believe Tanner turned "12" - what an awesome young man he has become.  I started out the birthday celebrations by taking his to lunch - he picked "Panda Express."  Bradley & I were lucky enough to go with him. 

That evening he had a friend party. We decided to head to Lehi Legacy Center for swimming. I brought my camera and never took any pictures. They were all having a great time and seemed to be playing really well together.

After swimming, we headed back to our house to open presents and have some treats/snacks.
 Cooper
 Karter
 Brett
 Kobe
 Mason
 The fun gang together.
On February 27th, Tanner was ordained a deacon and received the Aaronic Priesthood.  What a special day!  We went back over to the church around 3:00 for him to be ordained.  What amazing family we have!  All of the Beck's immediate family were there minus Michael's family.  We met in the overflow to the chapel with the Bishopric.  The spirit was very strong and so awesome for Tanner to be surrounded by such amazing men in his life.  Afterwards Bishop Jensen asked Tanner to bear his testimony.  It was quiet but powerful.  I love this guy and can't wait to see what the next 7 years bring in growing both physically and spiritually.  He will make an amazing missionary one day.  I love you so much Tanner!

 The family - (Carter with red tie and Parker with orange tie)

1 comment:

Janessa Couch said...

What a neat way to receive the Priesthood. It sounded so personal. I will have to tell Mitchell about it. Love the suits and the matching ties!