Monday, May 9, 2011

March odds and ends

At the beginning of the month I decided to pull out my sewing machine and try making some new pillows for my living room.  I found some material for pretty inexpensive and decided to go at it.  I free-handed them and added some fun finishing touches that I was really happy about.  It was fun to try my creative side and tackle something that adds so much to my home.

The Trafalga next to our house had an amazing deal going on where you could get a year pass to both Lehi & Orem Trafalgas, Seven Peaks Water Park, any Owl's games and Flash games for $39.99 each.  We decided as a family to get one for each person in our family and have this be their birthday presents for the rest of the year.  My kids were so excited about this and have taken total advantage of the Trafalga within walking distance of our home.  

Since we had never been to the Trafalga in Orem, we decided to go on March 14th when the kids didn't have any school.    We had a great time riding on the slick track, playing miniature golf and riding in the XD theater (a 3-D movie that had chairs that move).  We had so much fun.  On our way out to the parking lot we saw our truck parked next to a massive truck that looked very similar.  I had to take a picture - it looked too funny - our truck looked like a mini truck next to the other one.  I had to laugh because just a few hours earlier Bradley was telling me how big our truck is. 


 Bradley enjoying a ride at the mall one day back when Byron took the day off.  He was eating a large jaw breaker at the time.
The weather was pretty nice, so we decided to pull out the BBQ pit for the first time this year.  We all had fun together and loved the yummy food.
 Bradley, Tanner, Camille & Carter
 
 The kids had fun taking pictures with my camera while Tyler Atwood was over.  I got some pretty crazy shots along with some cool action shots while playing basketball.  Tyler helped Johnathan create a cool step by step picture of him making a slam dunk.
Crazy Carter! 

 Parker







And he makes it in!

Byron works with the Deacons right now.  Tanner is lucky enough to be in with Byron also and loves the fun that scouting offers.  Byron had fun planning a 10 mile hike in downtown Salt Lake.  The scouts started out next to the Conference Center and walked to the Capital.  They headed to the Salt Lake Temple and 3 miles over to Welfare Square.  From there they headed over to the Salt Lake City Cemetery to see some of the prophets graves.  Along the way they also did some geocaching.  Tanner loved going and came home very tired.  Thanks to David Wilcox I got some awesome pictures.

 Byron walking with John Whitehead (the Scoutmaster).
 The whole gang.
 Geocaching

 I love these action shots.


 Touring Welfare Square.
 Enjoying the graves at the cemetery.
Camille had her 9th grade dance on March 19th.  She was so excited about this and spent a lot of time deciding what she would wear.  She got a cute new skirt, top, necklace and shoes.  I even took her to get her hair done before the dance.  She looked beautiful and had an awesome time.  I dropped her off at a friend's house before it started so she would carpool over with 3 girls. 
Camille is currently in Drama 2 and has loved the fun things that Melani Boren does in this class.  She has split the class into 3 parts - musicals, single act plays and Shakespeare.  She was in the play "The Ugly Duckling" as Chancellor.  She did an awesome job.  Most of the plays Camille has been in included a lot of singing, but not as much talking.  It was fun to see her talking more.  The memorizing part was harder for her, but she did awesome.   I love this cool dress she was able to wear for her part.
Melissa was able to get us tickets to attend the General YW Meeting on March 26th.  Since we had some extra tickets, Camille invited 3 of her friends (Cara, Jaedee & Audrey) and one mom (Natalie Barron, Audrey's mom) to come along.  Once we got to the Conference Center, we met up with Mom Beck and Melissa.  We had a great time.  We went early to get a parking spot and ended up sitting about 20 rows back from the podium.  We couldn't have asked for better seats.  What an awesome thing to be in the presence of the prophet and his apostles.  The talks were amazing!  So fun to just spend alone time with Camille.  She has turned into a beautiful young women and makes me nervous how many years until she will be gone and on her own.  I need to somehow stop time or at least slow it down!
 I love this girl!

The first presidency were so cute talking to each other before it started.  I tried to get a good picture of them all, but unfortunately they were either blurry or not all looking great.  This was the best I got - what amazing men!!!

No comments: