Friday, June 26, 2009

Space Derby

On May 27th was the Space Derby for the Scouts. Johnathan and Tanner were so excited for this day. Both boys enjoyed sanding and painting their rockets. Tanner decided to go with "The Pickle" since it was shaped like a pickle when he was sanding it. I thought it turned out rather cute. Johnathan wanted to make his like a hot dog. He had fun painting it with the bun, hotdog, ketchup and mustard. Both boys had fun racing it down the track. Johnathan got the "Most fun rocket award" and Tanner got the "Most Unique Rocket." Tanner ended up taking 3rd place. Both boys did an awesome job and had fun - which is all that matters, right? I love being in scouts and being able to participate with my boys in for these fun activities.

4 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

I love the pickle and the hot dog. I remember doing the space derby growing up because they let the members of the family do it also.

Leah said...

You took some wonderful pics!

Melanie said...

How fun! Our boys enjoyed the space derby, as long as they had enough rubber bands! The derbies are very creative!

Patty said...

You have very clever sons. I love their ingenuity.
I'm glad that they had a fun time. That really is the most important part.