Sunday, June 21, 2009

AMAZING men!!!

I am surrounded by amazing men in my life. How fortunate I feel to have such great examples for my children to learn from. Having 5 boys is definitely a hard challenge when I think about all of the important things to teach them, but the burden is definitely lightened when they have surrounding them such great influences of righteousness.

BYRON
Byron takes the time for each of our children no matter how hard his day has been. He will sit and talk with them, play ball or just find out how their day went. He knows the importance of taking his wife out every week and going on vacations together. Byron has such a hard work ethic and is constantly teaching our children so they can become hard workers also. He honors his priesthood and has such a strong testimony of the gospel. He "honors his father and mother" and is constantly looking for ways to serve them. He loves having fun as a family and constantly is looking for fun activities for us to do together. He loves going to BYU football games and takes the time to let each of his kids spend this special time with him. He has great communication skills. He also is such a wonderful handyman.

DAD ADAMSON
Dad came and spent a few days with us last week and I will forever cherish the time I had with him. I have never had just my dad at my house and I loved being able to spend quality time with him. My dad has had diabetes since he was 12 years old and is called a "walking miracle" by his doctors. I feel so greatly blessed to have him a part of my life and my children's life. Dad is an avid reader and has helped instill such a love of it through my years. I remember seeing my dad writing in his journal while growing up and realized the importance of writing down those important things in our lives. I have definitely gained my love of music from my dad. He listens to music every chance he gets. My dad played the timpani in college and loves to hit anything in front of him to the beat. My dad is a special education teacher and was always in the same school as me while I was in elementary school. I would get so excited when I would see him while walking down the halls during the day. We would go on such fun family vacations and I will never forget the huge sacrifice that was made on our families behalf so that we could have such great family outings together.

DAD BECK

Dad Beck is such a huge example to me and my children. We are so fortunate to live so close to him and see him quite often. He has always been so awesome at attending and supporting our family in all that we have going on. Every year at my children's elementary school they celebrate "Grandparents Day." I am so glad that we have grandparents close by to be able to share this special experience with them. My kids look forward to this day and love spending quality time with their grandparents. Dad Beck had been planning to go on a mission as soon as he retired. Just when that time was closely approaching, he was called to be the Bishop in his ward. I will never forget the huge impact that this decision made on my life. I have realized that it is so important to be obedient and Heavenly Father has such a great plan for each of us.

Happy Father's Day Dads and Byron. I love you all so much and feel greatly blessed to have you a part of my life.

4 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

It is so nice to have a special day set aside to remember the wonderful men in our life. This is a very special tribute to your amazing men.

Anonymous said...

Sweet tribute:) It's nice to have such awesome and righteous men.

Patty said...

That was very special Tricia, I will make sure that Dad gets a chance to read it.

Patty said...

I made a copy for your Dad to enjoy. When he wakes up I will give it to him.
He sure is important to me.