Saturday, July 17, 2010

Blessings

This evening we had a dear friend over that has MS. It was so hard to see how this disease has made it hard for her to do the day to day things that I totally take for granted. She is not able to bathe her children at night, walk down one stair without a rail to hang onto, pick up something off of the floor, carry around a child or play a sport with her boys. She is pretty dependent upon others at this point in her life. I can't help but feel absolutely grateful for my health and abilities to not have a terrible disease take over my body. I have amazing health and have taken it for granted so much. I am grateful for experiences like this that help me reflect on my amazing blessings and all that I have in my life.

1 comment:

tamster17 said...

It is always humbling to see how people face physical challenges in their lives. We really do take a lot for granted and don't really realize it. Good to have those experiences that help us reflect and feel gratitude for all the blessings we have.