Monday, April 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Byron!

I love Byron so much and am so lucky to have him in my life. Every year I grow more and more in love with him. He is so awesome with our children. He never grows tired of helping the kids with one thing or another. Just yesterday Carter & Parker asked Byron to cut a sword and gun for them out of wood. Byron dropped everything he was doing and pulled out the jig saw. In about 10 minutes he had made them both and 2 very happy boys walked away. He is constantly doing things like this that mean a huge difference to them.

Byron's birthday, Thursday, started out at around 4 a.m. waking up to no power. Byron went to investigate and came back to tell me it was snowing outside. I didn't think much about it since I was half asleep until I woke up in the morning. I looked outside to snow covering everything! I thought we had gotten around 6 inches until my neighbor took a picture of how deep it was with a tape measure and sure enough - 9 inches - INCREDIBLE! I asked Byron if he had ever had snow on his birthday and he couldn't remember it every happening. We also broke the record low on Thursday.

Camille & I made one of Byron's favorite breakfasts - ham, hash browns, eggs and toast. Byron went into work for the morning since he wanted to work half day and take Friday off. Luckily he has a truck or I don't think he could have gotten out of our driveway without shoveling. The kids and I spent the next while shoveling this beautiful/heavy snow. The sun came out and started melting it pretty quickly. I thought the kid's would be more excited to see snow than they actually were - I think they would have preferred to watch TV than be outside in the cold shoveling.

After Byron got home from work we headed up to Salt Lake to tour the Sweets Candy Factory. The kids and I had been there last summer, so they were all really excited to go again. We met John & Sharon at the factory. We had a short film to watch first and then had to put on some really cool hairnets. The tour was a lot of fun. We were able to sample some different pieces of candy and enjoyed looking in the store afterwards.

We then headed home for Byron & I to go out together. We went to Chili's to eat dinner. The food was fabulous! Byron ordered me a strawberry daiquiri but forgot to ask for it to have no alcohol in it. Luckily he remembered before I took a drink. The waiter was so nice to get us another one - not sure how the night would have ended up if I had drunk it :). We enjoyed quiet conversation together and then headed over to the movie theater to watch "Fast and Furious 4." Not my favorite movie, but Byron loved it.

On Saturday we headed out west of Utah Lake to enjoy shooting with the family for Byron's family party. We all enjoyed shooting the BB gun, .22 and shot gun. Thanks for all the family who were able to attend - we had a blast! The weather was absolutely beautiful! We enjoyed eating donuts, visiting with each other, going on walks, and of course shooting.
Happy Birthday Byron!!!

4 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

What a fun birthday party! I can not believe your weather, snow in April is ridiculous! I think today your weather is better...at least I hope so.

Michelle said...

Looks like a wonderful birthday! Happy belated, Byron!
Hope it's warmer there now. That's some crazy weather.

Patty said...

Byron it looks like you had a great birthday. I loved the party idea. It looks like everyone had a great time.

Stephanie Johnson said...

Happy birthday cuz! I'm glad you had such a fun birthday.