Monday, December 22, 2008

Mormon Tabernacle Christmas Concert

I was so excited to be picked out of the drawing to receive 4 tickets to the Mormon Tabernacle Christmas Concert. I took Camille, Tanner & Johnathan and we definitely were so excited we went. The concert was awesome! Brian Stokes Mitchell was the guest and can I just say he was so AMAZING! I found this video clip of his awesome musical abilities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g-T46ja95s

He also has such a fun sense of humor. My kid's favorite song was "The Friendly Beasts" where he acted out each of the animals through his voice- very entertaining.

Temple Square was gorgeous - we had so much fun walking through on our way to the Conference Center. We were able to go up into the Relief Society Building after the program to see Melissa. She works in such an amazing building. The kid's loved seeing where she works and being with their awesome aunt! Thanks Melissa for taking time out of your busy lives for us and for the ride to our van.




We look forward to watching the concert on PBS to let Carter, Parker & Byron enjoy some of the fun songs we loved also.

8 comments:

chapples8 said...

The concert sounds wonderful. Do you know when it's on PBS? I've tried looking for it to no avail. I always enjoy reading your Blog, you do a great job. You have a wonderful family!

Patty said...

What a WONDERFUL opportunity for the four of you!
I loved the clip. We'll have to watch for that performance.
I love your family picture.

Leah said...

Looks like a wonderful evening!

Cara said...

I would love to watch it on PBS also....if you know when it is, please share. I really like the picture of you guys in front of the temple. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Great concert, we sw it on PBS. The kids loved the 12 days of Christmas song.

That's realy neat that you got to go.

Hope you had a great Christmas:)

Love, Tiff and Dave

Michelle said...

How delightful!! We have been watching last year's together as a family, and the boys have just loved it.
Temple Square is gorgeous. Now that our boys have seen it on the tv, they have been asking when we'll take them there to see the lights. :)

Janessa Couch said...

I LOVE your new background. Very adorable.

tamster17 said...

Looks like you guys have had a lot of fun the past month! I took Kayla to a Mormon Tab concert in the fall with my cousin & Brian Stokes Mitchell sang with them then too and he was outstanding! She was in awe of the whole experience!