Friday, October 4, 2013

4-wheelers on Memorial Day

Ever since we rented 4-wheelers with Eric a couple of years ago we have been talking about going again.  We finally were able to make it happen on Memorial Day.  We found a guy who rents them in Midvale.  Eric rented one and we rented another.  We picked them up the night before and the boys sure had a fun time sitting on them in front of our house.  I'm sure it looked pretty funny for those neighbors seeing them out there. 
 
Early Monday morning we headed out to the west side of Utah Lake.  We found a really nice area that is perfect for 4-wheelers.  We had such a fun time.  Eric and Byron were the designated drivers and took everybody on at least 2 rides.  I got daring towards the end and decided to try it myself.  I was feeling very comfortable going up a hill and then as I went to shift I started rolling back down the hill.  It was pretty scary.  I quickly jumped off and was able to turn us around before heading back.  I realized that I still need a lot more practice before I get daring enough to drive them very much.  I was able to drive kids around the parking lot quite a few times or on this really fun small hilly path.  I stayed away from the large hills after that fun experience:).  We got a lot of sun and were covered in dirt head to toe.  I got a great picture of Parker and dirt all over his body.  He looked pretty darn cute.  We definitely will be doing this activity again.
 Parker blue, Carter red
 
 Byron and Bradley
 Carter and Eric
 Byron and Tanner
 The patient kids waiting for their turn while hanging out in the truck.  We had fun reading books and just talking while we waited.
I loved being able to go with Byron.  He is such a great driver and seems very at ease on 4-wheelers.  We hope to get one some day.
 Tanner trying out his driving skills in the parking lot.

 Camille and Tanner getting a ride.
 Camille was a pretty good driver taking Bradley and I around.
 Eric was very nice to let Johnathan have a turn driving also.

 My cute dirty Parker.

This boy fell asleep on our way home.  He was exhausted and slept in such a crazy position. 

No comments: