Sunday, May 19, 2013

Cousins, Scouts and Sego Lily Teachers

 We always look forward to having family come over.  For Christmas Byron & I had Allyson's family.  We gave them a day away with some gift cards.  It was fun to have their children over.  They were all great to watch and so delightful to be around.  Myles spent about the whole time clearing the trampoline of snow one shovel full at a time.  Eliza and Rose had fun doing stickers and other girl stuff - which isn't very common in this house.  Cute Briant was so fun to be with and the kids loved taking turns holding him.  Eliza or Rose had the idea of putting snow in bags.  This kept all 3(Bradley, Eliza and Rose) entertained for quite some time.





Carter and Parker attended a Webelos Day Camp at our Stake Center.  They loved being able to make different things.  They did Showman and Craftsman activity badges. 

 Carter with a cool instrument he made and Parker with his rocket.

For Parent Teacher Conferences I always look forward to hearing how my kids are doing in school.  Bradley has progressed so much the past year.  He loves school and has the most amazing teacher - Mrs. Narvaez.  He has taken off on reading and really enjoys doing math.  He is also a great friend to those in his class.  His teacher sent me an email recently about a kid in his class who was struggling every day with having his mom leave.  This is the email from her, "Hi Tricia.  I wanted to let you knowhow wonderful Bradley is!  One of my students has a hard time this past week.  As we were lining up for recess I heard Bradley invite this student to play with him.  I am so proud of him for being so kind to this other boy."  I am so glad Bradley notices those around him and jumps in to help if need be.  This kid and Bradley have become really great friends this year.   Below is a cute penguin that was on the wall outside of his classroom.
I cannot say enough about Mrs. Knutti - she is such an amazing teacher also.  I am really not sure how I got to be so lucky but my kids truly have amazing teachers.  She is so great with Carter and Parker and knows just how to help them enjoy learning.  She makes me laugh every time we talk about how fun it is to have these two in her class.  She said that most twins will help each other out with assignments but these two act like each is on their own in class.  They typically don't help each other which I would actually consider good.  It is great that they are their own separate being with different strengths and weaknesses.  Carter with blue stripe in shirt.  Below was a paper they both worked on together that was hanging in the hall at school.


Bradley celebrated his 100 days of school and was so excited to earn more spirit sticks.  He had a party at school and loved it.

No comments: