Sunday, October 3, 2010

Having a party in style!

Camille turned "14" on July 13th. We decided to rent a pontoon boat up at Jordanelle Reservoir for the day. Mom Beck, Eric & Melissa also joined us for the fun. Byron & Eric picked up the boat in Heber and drove it up to Jordanelle. Upon getting it into the water, they noticed that it was unbalanced and drooped to one side. Unfortunately, it took forever to get a hold of the person we rented it from. In the meantime, I arrived with the crew and we just hung out at the dock. Finally we ended up having the guy we rented from rent a boat from the Jordanelle Marina for 5 hours for us. It was a pretty stressful & crazy morning, but ended up being a really fun day.

After finally getting into the boat, we had such a great time. We had never rented any kind of boat before. We usually rent wave runners. The pontoon boat didn't go near as fast as the wave runners, but was very enjoyable. We ended up hooking up a tube to the back where we all had a turn riding it. The water was a little cold, but felt very refreshing. We had fun taking a little swim through out the afternoon also. Everybody ended up going on the tube. I went out with Melissa & Bradley. Bradley wasn't sure about it at all and had enough after a couple of minutes. He was more content just sitting in the boat enjoying others in the water.

Since it was Camille's birthday, we bought a small cake for her and had her blow out the candles after lunch. She was pretty excited to have a cake since she didn't expect it at all.

A few of us had to head back a little earlier than the others. Some of the kids were pretty upset when they had to leave early, but got over it pretty quick. We had such a great time and enjoyed spending it with family.

Here we are patiently waiting at the dock while trying to figure out what to do with the pontoon boat.
Melissa & Mom Beck on the boat.
Tanner, Johnathan, Bradley & I
Tanner, Grandma & Bradley
Carter, Tanner & Parker
Johnathan & Camille
Bradley, Melissa & I
Byron having a great time!
I get a kick out of this picture - it was so much fun and the excitement shows here:).
Camille with her yummy cake.
Bradley, Camille & I
Parker hanging out.
Tanner loving his time on the tube!
Johnathan
Carter & Parker together
Eric
Parker, Carter, Sharon, Camille, Bradley (fast asleep) & I relaxing.
Melissa's expressions say it all :)
The next day Camille finally got the cake that she really wanted - a strawberry cheesecake.

We had such a great time! I did, however, get one of the worst sunburns I can remember having along with some pretty fried children. I guess when you stay in the sun for 5 hours you need to reapply and reapply sunscreen or it can be awful - especially for myself and my very light complected children.

Camille had an awesome birthday. I don't know how I got so lucky to have this girl as my daughter - she is so beautiful both on the inside and out. We love you so much Camille!!!

8 comments:

Chapples said...

looks like a ton of fun! Happy Birthday, yummy cheesecake!

Janessa Couch said...

How fun!!! I think that you need to include a little boat time into our next family reunion. :)

Carrrie said...

I love the picture of Aunt Sharon (a.k.a Grandma Beck) on the tube! So fun! Happy Birthday Camille it looks like you had a FUN day with your family! :D

Jared and Danielle said...

Ah that looks like you had a blast!!!

Maria said...

That looks like so much fun! Jordan wanted to do that when we lived in Utah but we never did it. The picture of Aunt Sharon is my favorite. That one needs to be framed - no caption necessary!

Patty said...

What an awesome family experience! I bet Camille won't forget that birthday. I loved all of the fun expressions in the water. What a fun day it looks like everyone had.

Patty said...

I love your family pictures on the front of your blog. Was it taken at the reunion?

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...cheescake is my favorite as well. Looks like you all had a blast on the water. Love the family picture on the fence. Your kiddos are all so cute:)